Turkish defense giant ASELSAN to open offices in Pakistan, Ukraine | World Defense

Turkish defense giant ASELSAN to open offices in Pakistan, Ukraine

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Turkish defense giant ASELSAN to open offices in Pakistan, Ukraine

645x344-1575982106518.jpg

Turkey's defense giant ASELSAN is preparing to launch offices in Pakistan and Ukraine on Jan. 1 with the aim of bolstering its marketing opportunities.

ASELSAN currently sells its products to 65 countries, and the company is aiming to expand its defense transactions with Ukraine, which has shown interest in Turkish defense products, and Pakistan, to which Turkey delivered a navy fleet tanker last year, recording the highest single-item defense export.

The company also has offices in Azerbaijan, the Philippines, Qatar, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates and Northern Macedonia. The localization efforts of the company in the countries it operates in boosts export capacity. The offices are run by Turkish general managers and employ local staff.

ASELSAN, which reached $1.87 billion in revenue in 2018, is expected to close 2019 with $2.9 billion in revenue.

ASELSAN is active in military and civil telecommunications, radar, electronic warfare, defense, weapons, command control and navigation systems.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I am actually surprised to witness the current situation of Ukraine.

Ukraine defense industry is way ahead of Turkey. What happened to them!

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
I am actually surprised to witness the current situation of Ukraine.

Ukraine defense industry is way ahead of Turkey. What happened to them!
well it depends. Ukraine does have good ATGMs and some armor vehicles, other than that no. their T-84, IIRC orginially started back in 1990, however they only managed to secure the Thai order and couldn't keep up.
setting that aside, Ukraine & Turkey did agree for a more large, joint venture in the defence realm due to Turkey helping the Crimean Tatars. with Ukraine providing Turkey top tech such as the Zaslon APS and Skif ATGMs, as well modernizing Turkey's Gendarmerie Mi-17s
Turkey provided MKEK MP5s to the Ukrainian Police + TB2 UAVs. and Turkey is supplying UAV tech to Antonov.

however what I find interesting is Turkey's growing defence relation with Russia.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
however what I find interesting is Turkey's growing defence relation with Russia

United states have a military base in Syria, a permanent one most likely. Turkey is no longer useful. :p who in his right mind would replace F-35 with su-35. Too much donkey milk can impair your judgement and I hope Erdogan stops drinking it.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
United states have a military base in Syria, a permanent one most likely. Turkey is no longer useful. :p who in his right mind would replace F-35 with su-35. Too much donkey milk can impair your judgement and I hope Erdogan stops drinking it.
well Erdogan is just to trying to show off his nation, as power similar to like Israel or Egypt. the main reason Turkey was important was due to their NATO interventions across the Middle East, However I don't see this whole Putin-Erdogan bromance lasting