USS Gerald Ford | World Defense

USS Gerald Ford

phoenix2015

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
The USS Gerald Ford has been christened and is scheduled for its first deployment in 2019.
1,106 ft long
almost 250 ft high
25 decks
two A1B nuclear reactors
carries more than 75 aircraft (including joint strike fighters and unmanned aircraft)
equipped with lasers and an electromagnetic aircraft launch system
the list goes on......

Any thoughts or comments on its capabilities?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
It's looks like another warship to me. I don't have an idea with the numbers for I haven't been to a warship before although I had seen some in pictures. But I am amazed by the line that says it can carry 75 aircraft. So that means it is as expansive as a hangar or a tarmac? I wonder how many people would be manning that warship and what is the exact purpose of its existence.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
DATA_CVN-21_Specs.gif
ford-15.jpg

phoenix2015

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
It's looks like another warship to me. I don't have an idea with the numbers for I haven't been to a warship before although I had seen some in pictures. But I am amazed by the line that says it can carry 75 aircraft. So that means it is as expansive as a hangar or a tarmac? I wonder how many people would be manning that warship and what is the exact purpose of its existence.
what is the exact purpose of its existence.
It is going to replace an aircraft carrier already in service. There are also a few more coming into service over the next few years to replace other aircraft carriers. Check out the infographic in the reply below from Legend for answers to your other questions.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Honestly, it is mind-boggling for me to read the specs of USS Gerald Ford. First thing is the idea that a very heavy object would float. Okay, that is already explained in general science in grade school. But the facilities, not to mention the weaponry that it was designed for, it simply fascinates me to think that a sea vessel like that can be a sort of paradise in the ocean - complete with anything you need, hi-tech. I am running out of words.