What happens after you die? | World Defense

What happens after you die?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi everyone,

A relative, very far away passed away, and now his kids are arguing who gets what. I was his favorite so I get this watch, I am the most poor so I get this plot, all sorts of nonsense you guys can imagine.

I'm known as a no BS guy so have been called to negotiate, me being outside the country hasn't deterred them, and skype has made it worse. My stand is that the law of the land holds supreme, but that seems to be falling on deaf ears.

My request to all my friends is, please make a will, if you dont have substantial assets, and only cash, then at least make an undated cheque out in the name of your spouse.
Keep a financial diary locked somewhere, which can be accessed by your spouse in case of emergency.

I see this too often, people forget that they have to go one day, and their heirs will be left wondering or worst fighting. Prepare for it, and review it every quarter. YOU OWE THEM THIS!

Thank You for reading.

Best Regards

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Asalaamualaykum, why don't they just go to the local scholar and ask how is the inheritance to be split?

Some may not be happy with what they hear from the scholar but it would be right way as Islam does have inheritance laws.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Asalaamualaykum, why don't they just go to the local scholar and ask how is the inheritance to be split?

Some may not be happy with what they hear from the scholar but it would be right way as Islam does have inheritance laws.
We have a very just and comprehensive legal system, that barely costs anything, it is literally free, and ultimately they will have to go to Shariah Court. Since without it property and cash will not be transferred.

But this bunch is trying to be smart, and each one has a justification, as to why they should get more. What they dont understand is whatever extra they manage to swindle out is HARAM, and they are filing their stomach swith the fire of hell.

Now if there was a will in place, even a one liner that said "get a succession certificate, as per law," it would be game over. This is why I suggested on this forum, that there should be a proper will, and a list of your assets, bank account numbers etc, which you review quarterly.

One reason they contacted me was they want to know which bank a/c's hold how much, SO they can split it within themselves before going to court. I told them I'm not doing anything illegal, tell the court you suspect bank accounts in those banks, and the court will investigate and revert. Not my cup of tea.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
We have a very just and comprehensive legal system, that barely costs anything, it is literally free, and ultimately they will have to go to Shariah Court. Since without it property and cash will not be transferred.

But this bunch is trying to be smart, and each one has a justification, as to why they should get more. What they dont understand is whatever extra they manage to swindle out is HARAM, and they are filing their stomach swith the fire of hell.

Now if there was a will in place, even a one liner that said "get a succession certificate, as per law," it would be game over. This is why I suggested on this forum, that there should be a proper will, and a list of your assets, bank account numbers etc, which you review quarterly.

One reason they contacted me was they want to know which bank a/c's hold how much, SO they can split it within themselves before going to court. I told them I'm not doing anything illegal, tell the court you suspect bank accounts in those banks, and the court will investigate and revert. Not my cup of tea.

Yeh I guess they'll just have to fight against their own greed.

It seems like a family feud potential starting argument so I think you made the right choice to stay out. It's a shame when people value money over their family. I know of cases when sons fought against their elderly mother for houses, really shameful stuff.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yeh I guess they'll just have to fight against their own greed.

It seems like a family feud potential starting argument so I think you made the right choice to stay out. It's a shame when people value money over their family. I know of cases when sons fought against their elderly mother for houses, really shameful stuff.
I told them: you all can chase your tails, in the end Shariah Court will rule as per the law, so you guys are only hurting yourselves. The sooner you get the Succession certificate, the faster you can access your assets.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone,

A relative, very far away passed away, and now his kids are arguing who gets what. I was his favorite so I get this watch, I am the most poor so I get this plot, all sorts of nonsense you guys can imagine.
Hi Again,
May Allah Bless him in the hereafter and pardon him and widen his grave.
Situation happens in almost every house. The problem lies with the deceased who doesn't make an inheritance letter "Wasiyat". Or maybe that the deceased might have made it and hid somewhere, a thorough search is necessary. The day an elder dies, children become scavengers, all trying to get their share or full of the left of deceased.

I'm known as a no BS guy so have been called to negotiate, me being outside the country hasn't deterred them

I believe i am also in that category, straight talks, need straight replies, judgment gets simple & fairer. My advice, try to avoid the matter, people use you then they come on you, "WHY INVOLVE HIM" PARTY 1 - "Inhon ne sab begar dia, sab ke sab 'pLaAt' shabnam ko de diye" Party 2 " Kia zarurat thi unse bat karne ki, jo hath me tha wo bhi chala gaya"

and skype has made it worse. My stand is that the law of the land holds supreme, but that seems to be falling on deaf ears.
Prime example of "Dukhti Ragh par hath rakhna", habibi, use botim ¡ª•

This is why I suggested on this forum, that there should be a proper will, and a list of your assets, bank account numbers etc, which you review quarterly.
Noted for future...
List of Bank HelpLines -

HBL - (021) 111 111 425
Bank AL Falah - 021 111 225 226
UBL - 111 - 825 - 888
Bank AL Habib - (021) 32446978

On a serious note, Dear Mr. @Khafee That's the problem with Pakistan, People USE relationships, friendships, acquaintance. Someone from a bank will be a family go-to for bank related issues, from Governmental Orgs for different relevant issues, Mili for different issues, Private company worker will be used for that company related issues. In good times, all these people are no where to be seen (Not pointing out at the specific family of the deceased soul here, not at all, just pointing out a common problem). There is always this LEGAL way that most of the people use that one can also use but no , Sifarish hi sifarish. I personally never use anyone, just make friendship for who they are rather how they can help me possibly in future.

Advice them to resolve between them peacefully, or go to a court.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi Again,
May Allah Bless him in the hereafter and pardon him and widen his grave.
Situation happens in almost every house. The problem lies with the deceased who doesn't make an inheritance letter "Wasiyat". Or maybe that the deceased might have made it and hid somewhere, a thorough search is necessary. The day an elder dies, children become scavengers, all trying to get their share or full of the left of deceased.

I believe i am also in that category, straight talks, need straight replies, judgment gets simple & fairer. My advice, try to avoid the matter, people use you then they come on you, "WHY INVOLVE HIM" PARTY 1 - "Inhon ne sab begar dia, sab ke sab 'pLaAt' shabnam ko de diye" Party 2 " Kia zarurat thi unse bat karne ki, jo hath me tha wo bhi chala gaya"

Prime example of "Dukhti Ragh par hath rakhna", habibi, use botim ¡ª•

Noted for future...

List of Bank HelpLines -

HBL - (021) 111 111 425
Bank AL Falah - 021 111 225 226
UBL - 111 - 825 - 888
Bank AL Habib - (021) 32446978

On a serious note, Dear Mr. @Khafee That's the problem with Pakistan, People USE relationships, friendships, acquaintance. Someone from a bank will be a family go-to for bank related issues, from Governmental Orgs for different relevant issues, Mili for different issues, Private company worker will be used for that company related issues. In good times, all these people are no where to be seen (Not pointing out at the specific family of the deceased soul here, not at all, just pointing out a common problem). There is always this LEGAL way that most of the people use that one can also use but no , Sifarish hi sifarish. I personally never use anyone, just make friendship for who they are rather how they can help me possibly in future.

Advice them to resolve between them peacefully, or go to a court.
They have to go to court, until then their assets will remain frozen. There is no other way. They are just being "smart"