Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir , i have only one question in my mind. From death of Qaid e azam, Liaqat ali khan, Fatima Jinnah, Zulfiqar Bhutto, Gen Zia ul Haq, Air Chief Mus'haf ali mir, benazir bhutto, and all other major murders was done with the help of some insider and facilitators. Some time those are civilian and some time they are from forces.
US has just got the opportunity to remove the future Islamic block founder (which was Zia's aim after the afghan jihad). It was written on the wall. Soviet, indians, Israel every one was scared of that regime. Gen.Zia and Gen Akhtar combo.

Last edited:

User

Reactions
46 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Some chapters never close and some conspiracy theories never die.

In my personal limited knowledge and understanding, the answer to the above question is not so easy and straightforward.
Gen. Zia had many enemies both inside and outside Pakistan because of his policies that had political and religious ramifications.
Additionally, a hegemon will do everything to guard her interests. Then there are always people ready to sell their loyalties for a good price.

To sum up, I would not select any of the above options because the option I am talking of is not listed.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Some chapters never close and some conspiracy theories never die.

In my personal limited knowledge and understanding, the answer to the above question is not so easy and straightforward.
Gen. Zia had many enemies both inside and outside Pakistan because of his policies that had political and religious ramifications.
Additionally, a hegemon will do everything to guard her interests. Then there are always people ready to sell their loyalties for a good price.

To sum up, I would not select any of the above options because the option I am talking of is not listed.

common denominator in all cases is US.

User

Reactions
46 3 0
Country
Pakistan
common denominator in all cases is US.
I agree Sir. Ever since we have stepped into the unipolar world, US has been running the show. But in Gen. Zia`s case, when the world was still bipolar, my personal belief is, Uncle Sam was his main beneficiary and wanted him to stay alive for as long as possible. However, since the USSR was facing the music in Afghanistan, nothing would have been more important to them than a dead Gen Zia to turn the tide of war. And unfortunately luck was on their side; the high value target was such a huge success for them that a score of other targets also went down with him.