Why, all of a sudden, is the US making a deal with Iran regarding nuclear weapons? | Page 2 | World Defense

Why, all of a sudden, is the US making a deal with Iran regarding nuclear weapons?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Firstly, it isn't sudden, the negotiations have been taking place for a while. There are numerous factors. Let me just clear something though, those that attribute this change in policy to Obama are mistaken. There is a concensus amongst US experts and EU that Iran will be ally in future. This is because Iran has liberal population elements as well. And they happen to be Shia Muslim and nationalist which means they aren't that religious. So over time leadership in Iran would change. Down the road they make be taking steps to aid opposition in Iran.

Another factor is natural gas and oil, big profits for Western companies. But also cooperation can be had in scientific field and other places. So it's more like Iran becoming the next Israel, difference is Iran is larger and has largest natural gas reserves. If US/EU secure Iran into their alliance, than so will Syria in future. Israel would benefit in this, Russia and Arab nations won't. So while you may not see signs of immediate change, the strategists in the US/EU are looking at the long term and study this subject well. They know what they're doing and they know Iran would join them if they could, all the anti US/Israel rhetoric is just for domestic/regional consumption, mostly to fool local population but degrade Arab Sunni population.

Now, this is how I see it. Imagine US being a father, he has two sons: Iran and Israel. Israel has gotten attention and support whilst Daddy America has given Iran the cold shoulder for 30 years now. Now that Daddy America is reassessing his attitudde towards his son Iran, Israel is upset that Daddy will mature and approach Iran with kindness rather than shun him. This also means Daddy will push Israel to also grow up(in political terms end occupation). So this scares Israel and makes her envious, so Israel may attack it's blood brother Iran because it doesn't want to be replaced as the loved and respected son of Daddy America. So Israel will make sneaky moves to derail the makeup between daddy and his son Iran.

Hope that analogy helps, but my last point is that Iran and west or at least iranains and westerners have ideological ties/similarities. They both hate Sunni Muslims. They both oppose Islam and both oppose a Sunni Arab power in the region. So the West really likes what it's seeing from Iran. So it approaches Iran diplomatically because they are like brothers behind the scenes who share same goals. But for Arab world, west deals with us through force and intimidation. They threatened us with major war/colonization if we don't allow them to acquire our oil back near WW2. Today they would treat us in same way if we had independent policy. So Israel knows very well it benefits from Iran, however it wants to distract attention from occupation. the West doesn't want war at all, but if it is forced it may go to war but with disgust. Once Iran is dealt with, Israel will be in trouble. Because only Sunni Arabs are a threat to it. My advice is Israel stop lying to the world and admit Iran is a close ally. War with Iran won't happen by Israel , it's all lies. War with Iran will happen when Iran and it's allies attempt harming Saudi Arabia which will create large volunteer army of Arab Sunnis that will invade Iran and force West to intervene on Saudi side.

@Rakan.SA @Gasoline

Read last paragraph.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
They say it's all because of Israel. I personally think the US isn't really negotiating in behalf of Israel but rather for itself. The federal government has had a beef with Iran for a long time now. Perhaps there's insider report of a truly dangerous nuclear program and the US isn't comfortable with the idea of putting up with it.
The dangerous nuclear program in the Middle-East is the Israeli program. When is the last time Israel reached out to Iran, a non-Arab force in the Middle-East ? Israel has the problem of having a system which gives enormous power to minor party groups with extremist views. Of course, we have allowed a small party (the Tea Party, funded by the Koch Brothers and Big Tobacco) to gain power in America. Doug Hughes recently brought that problem b ack to our attention.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I will say right now that I do not know much about the issue and am looking for some knowledge. Recently in the news, I have seen a lot in regards to a deal the US is making that would allow Iran to gain nuclear weapons. This is all that I understand at this point, and the fact that some see it as dangerous to America. What I do not understand is why this is happening now? What events have occurred that have led up to this point?
It seems to me that they were going to try to get regardless of what we had to say about it. If we strike up a deal at least well have a little bit of control over it.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not exactly sure how much control we'll actually have. I think it might be a deal that just makes it look like we'll have a say in matters when really it's not the case at all.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not exactly sure how much control we'll actually have. I think it might be a deal that just makes it look like we'll have a say in matters when really it's not the case at all.
Lol we do that a lot. Not just us, but everybody. It's all about appearances. If it looks like we have some control, the American citizens won't realize how screwed they are and panic.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying this deal but a lot of the time it's about saving face and trying to make it look like its been our decision when in fact it's something out of our control.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not saying this deal but a lot of the time it's about saving face and trying to make it look like its been our decision when in fact it's something out of our control.
I think that's exactly what's going on. I've discovered that if you view world leaders as children, and all their actions as that of either a child or a babysitter, everything makes a lot more sense. Not only do they want us to feel safe, but I think we want Iran to think we're letting them get away with something... Like we're doing them a favor.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
US has recently moved F-22 to Qatar, increased presence in the Gulf. This might actually break off at any minute.