Why does Indonesia demand that female military recruits are virgins? | Page 2 | World Defense

Why does Indonesia demand that female military recruits are virgins?

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I don't know how they prove that these women are virgins without a reasonable doubt. This rule is also very backward and unnecessary for the purpose of serving in the army. Why would it matter if a female had sex prior to joining the army and what makes them having sex any different from the men who join?

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is going to be a topic that will run and run, mainly, and simply because people aren't going to understand the point of the recruitment process in the first place.

At the end of the day, there's no valid reason why they should only accept virgin's into the armed forces.

Something that people may not have thought of, is it a way to decrease the amount of women that enrol? Maybe it's a underhanded way of saying that they don't want women to join up in the first place?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Something that people may not have thought of, is it a way to decrease the amount of women that enrol? Maybe it's a underhanded way of saying that they don't want women to join up in the first place?

That is a valid point but I don't think that what it is.