Will protests break out in Russia over the economic crisis? | Page 3 | World Defense

Will protests break out in Russia over the economic crisis?

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
At this moment in time, unlikely, at least not on a large-scale. But there will always be dissidents. Putin's approval ratings actually increased after the Ukraine crisis, and the fall of the rouble has done little to upset it. It seems that the majority of the Russian population are pleased with his achievements so far. I wouldn't underestimate the power of a tightly controlled state media and the desire to regain the geopolitical power and influence they once had.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
I saw protests in the past being very fast suppressed by the Putin regime. Remember the protests a few years back when Putin came to power again and it caused a wave of anger among citizens that want an improvement for their country. Sadly, Russia in an oligarchy and not much can be done without mass-mobilization of the masses.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
The Russians have no voice as in the country there isn't a true democracy. So if they dare to protest most likely the army will go on them, I think that the whole population fears Putin.