Yemen - Civil War | Page 123 | World Defense

Yemen - Civil War

Persian Gulf

MEMBER
Joined
May 22, 2019
Messages
343
Reactions
97 1
Country
Iran
Location
United Kingdom
Although Iran/Hizbo managed to smuggle some equipment to the Houhties on top of what they have been given by Ali Salah yet they are losing to the legitimate government. The Houthis are a replica of Hizbollah and the Iranian regime. for 40 years now Hassan Nasrullah shouting from his tunnel. not even able to walk down the street of where he lives.
Hadi is hiding in another country, Nasrallah and Al-Maliki (and Bashar Al-Assad as well) are in their own homeland fighting external enemies.

The KSA-backed Hadi regime has already been eliminated by the STC. 4 years after Saudi invasion of Yemen, Houthis still control Sana'a and now KSA-backed Hadi regime even lost Aden. I think KSA-backed Hadi will be staying safe underground in KSA for a long time yet.
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
Iran Says It Has Dispatched Two Warships To Gulf Of Aden
August 26, 2019

Iran has dispatched a destroyer and a helicopter-carrying support ship to Gulf of Aden “to provide security for Islamic Republic vessels in international waters”, the chief of staff of Iran’s army announced.

Admiral Habibollah Sayari added that the two warships, destroyer Sahand and helicopter ship Kharg, will “escort” commercial vessels in the Sea of Oman and the Gulf of Aden.

In late 2018, Iran had claimed the two warships were dispatched to South America as part of efforts to expand its naval presence around the world.

The Gulf of Aden lies south of Yemen and on the east it connects with the Arabian Sea, which in turn joins the Sea of Oman to further north.

The announcement comes at a time of heightened tensions in the Persian Gulf region, where the United States has been trying to assemble a coalition
to protect shipping, after attacks in May June targeting oil tankers and the seizure of a British-flagged oil tanker by Iran in July.

Destroyer Sahand was launched in late 2018 and is equipped with naval artillery and surface -to-surface missiles, as well as of a helicopter pad. At its inauguration ceremony, the commander of army’s navy had said Sahand is the most advanced warship in Iran’s navy.

 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
UN’s Griffiths backs Jeddah talks between Yemeni government, southern separatists
9684

UN special envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths expressed his support for negotiations between the Yemeni government and southern separatists that started in Jeddah on Wednesday. (File/AFP)

Updated 3 sec ago
September 05, 2019
  • Yemen’s government officials started talks with the country’s southern separatists in Jeddah on Wednesday
  • Saudi Arabia called for talks to restore calm to southern Yemen after fighting between STC and government troops last month
LONDON: UN special envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths expressed his support for negotiations between the Yemeni government and southern separatists that started in Jeddah on Wednesday.

Yemen’s government officials started talks with the country’s southern separatists of the Southern Transitional Council (STC) in Jeddah on Wednesday in a bid to end fighting in Aden and other southern provinces, a Yemeni official said.

The delegation, which landed in the Kingdom on Tuesday, is headed by Aidroos Al-Zubaidi, the council’s leader.

Its arrival comes after Saudi Arabia called for talks in the Kingdom to restore calm to southern Yemen after fighting between the STC and government troops last month.

Emirati minister of state of foreign affairs Anwar Gargash said on Wednesday that he was was confident that the Jeddah meeting will succeed in uniting the two sides against what he called the “Houthi coup.”

He also thanked Saudi Arabia for “leading the coalition politically and militarily with care and skill.”

 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
Arab coalition intercepts Houthi drone targeting Saudi Arabia’s Khamis Mushayt
Updated 25 sec ago
September 05, 2019

9686

A Houthi drone targeting civilian property in Saudi Arabia's Khamis Mushayt was intercepted on Thursday. (File/AFP)
  • Coalition continues its efforts to neutralize and destroy Houthi capabilities in order to protect civilians
RIYADH: The Arab coalition intercepted a Houthi drone targeting civilian property in Saudi Arabia's Khamis Mushayt at noon on Thursday, Saudi Press Agency reported.

Arab coalition spokesperson Col. Turki Al-Maliki said that its forces use the best methods to deal with drones in order to protect civilians and their
property.

He added that the coalition continues its efforts to neutralize and destroy Houthi capabilities in order to protect civilians and regional and international security.

 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
Arab Coalition Destroys Explosives-laden Boat Launched by Houthis from Hodeidah
Thursday, 19 September, 2019
10058

Coalition spokesman Colonel Turki al-Maliki speaks during a news conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia March 26, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Al Nasser

Asharq Al-Awsat

The Coalition to Support Legitimacy in Yemen said it intercepted and destroyed an explosives-laden boat launched by the Iran-backed Houthi militias on Thursday.

"The Coalition's naval forces detected an attempt by the terrorist Houthi militia backed by Iran to carry out an imminent act of aggression and terrorism south of the Red Sea using an unmanned, rigged boat ... launched from Hodeidah province," Coalition spokesman Colonel Turki al-Maliki said in a statement.

Maliki said the foiled attack represented a threat to regional and international security and the safety of maritime routes and international trade.

He stressed that the Coalition’s Joint Forces Command continues to implement deterrent measures against the insurgents by neutralizing and destroying their capabilities.
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
Yemeni campaigners gather at the UN European HQ to highlight Houthi atrocities
Updated 56 min
September 22, 2019

10133


10132

  • Campaigners target UN European headquarters in protest against Houthis
GENEVA: Yemeni demonstrators were gathered outside the UN’s European headquarters in Geneva on Saturday to highlight the torture and killings of civilians, which they say have been carried out by the Houthi militia.

The protestors say there has also been a large number of people injured due to the indiscriminate use of weapons, while people’s houses, historic sites and educational institutions have been destroyed, and many families have been displaced.

They also say members of the press and have been oppressed, preventing them from enjoying a freedom of expression.

The protest by members of the International Yemeni Diaspora Federation and allied human rights organizations marked the anniversary of the Houthis’ coup.

On this day Houthi militia protested against the government’s decision to lift subsidies on oil derivatives.

The situation later escalated and erupted into clashes between the Houthis and the forces of Ali Abdullah Saleh, as well as the militias of the Yemeni Congregation for Reform and Ali Mohsen Al-Ahmar.

More than 250 Yemenis, Arabs, Europeans, human rights activists and journalists demanded the condemnation of the crimes committed by the Houthis and the silence of the UN, the Security Council and the Human Rights Council.

The protesters also condemned the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths for his silence and for resorting to pampering as a means to deal with the Houthis who continue to kill, destroy and intimidate benefiting from the UN’s soft positions.

They also denounced the complacency of the Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Lisa Grande and her constant defense of the Houthis, calling on the International Community to help save Yemen from the militias.

Protesters handed out leaflets and called for the classification of the Houthi militia as a terrorist group as their ideology is similar to that of Daesh, Al-Qaeda and Hezbollah.

The Federation’s President, Dr. Hayaf Khalid Rabih demanded the issue be dealt with as a humanitarian one and not political.

He also asked the international community to act and exert pressure on the Houthis to hand over their weapons, disband the group of eminent experts and challenge the validity of their report.

Yemenis delivered speeches in Arabic, French and English expressing their frustration due to indifference and silence of the international community in the face of their people’s suffering.

They called on the Security Council and the Human Rights Council to adopt decisions condemning and criminalizing the Houthis and asked for all “peace-loving nations and people to stand up to the Iran-Backed militia.”
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
1571012416700.png


 

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Joined
Nov 27, 2014
Messages
3,733
Reactions
2,981 37
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
Yemen government and southern separatists agree to ceasefire, talks in Saudi Arabia
Updated 22 June 2020
1592919189400.png

Fighters from the Southern Transitional Council (STC) in the southern Abyan province in May. (AFP/File)
  • Arab coalition welcomes the move to deescalate tensions in Abyan and on Socotra island
  • Saudi ambassador says situation 'calls for political resolve and serious cooperation'
RIYADH: Yemen’s government and southern separatist forces have agreed a cease-fire and will begin talks in Saudi Arabia on implementing a peace deal, the Kingdom’s ambassador to Yemen said Monday.

The Arab Coalition fighting to restore the internationally recognized Yemeni government welcomed the move.

Both sides accepted a truce in Abyan province, a de-escalation of tensions in other regions, and the start of talks on implementing an agreement reached in November to end fighting, ambassador Mohammed Al-Jaber said.

“The Kingdom and coalition states have made continuous efforts since signing the Riyadh Agreement for its implementation and that faced many challenges that hindered and derailed it,” Al-Jaber said.

The Yemeni government and the Southern Transitional Council (STC) are part of an alliance fighting the Iran-backed Houthi militia, which
triggered the conflict in 2014 by seizing the capital Sanaa.
Continuing Kingdom & Coalition states’ efforts to stop bloodshed, unite fronts & bridge gaps, Yemeni govt. and STC respond to the call for comprehensive ceasefire in Abyan, all forms of de-escalation, and committees convening in Riyadh for prompt implementation of Riyadh AGT.
— محمد ال جابر (@mohdsalj) June 22, 2020
But last summer government forces and the STC clashed in the country’s south before Saudi Arabia brought the parties together for talks in Riyadh.

Tensions have again flared recently with the STC reportedly taking over the island of Socotra, located between Yemen and the Horn of Africa.

Al-Jaber said the current situation “calls for political resolve and serious cooperation between the two parties to serve the national interest, restore state institutions to serve Yemeni people and alleviate their suffering.”

The Arab Coalition said it denounced the recent tensions and called on all parties to uphold the national interests of the country.

The alliance also called for a “halt to bloodshed, by adhering to the Riyadh Agreement and returning the conditions on the island of Socotra back to normal, a cease-fire in Abyan governorate, and avoid escalation in all Yemeni governorates.”
Kingdom & Coalition states have made continuous efforts since signing the Riyadh Agreement for implementation, that was faced with many challenges that hindered and derailed it ...
— محمد ال جابر (@mohdsalj) June 22, 2020
“In light of the recent events in Socotra and Abyan, the coalition welcomes the response of the legitimate Yemeni government and the STC for its request of a comprehensive cease-fire, de-escalation, and a meeting to be convened in the Kingdom to move forward in implementing the Riyadh Agreement,” coalition spokesman, Col. Turki Al-Maliki said.

Al-Maliki said the coalition rejects any practices that harm the “security, stability and volatility of the Riyadh Agreement.”

Al-Maliki also called for political and military committees from either side to reconvene to oversee the de-escalation.

The coalition will deploy monitors on the ground in Abyan to observe the cease-fire with the STC.
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
9,150
Reactions
12,339 409
Arab Coalition intercepts Houthi ballistic missiles targeting Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh
Updated 23 June 2020
Arab News
1592916119300.png

  • The Houthis have launched 8 drones and 3 ballistic missiles towards the city
  • The missile was targeting innocent civilians, Spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said
The Arab Coalition intercepted a Houthi ballistic missile targeting Riyadh, state news agency SPA reported.

The Houthis have launched eight drones and three ballistic missiles towards the city between late Monday and early Tuesday, coalition’s spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said.

The missile was targeting innocent civilians, Spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said.

Earlier on Monday, Al-Maliki said that the Houthi militia “launched a number of unmanned (booby-trapped) drones at civilians and civilian objects” from Sa’dah in Yemen. Two were targeting Najran and the other was targeting Jazan.

The Iran-backed militants have targeted Saudi Arabia with 313 ballistic missiles and 357 drones in total, he added.

1592917235400.png

1592917168600.png
 

Top