Yemen - Civil War | Page 105 | World Defense

Yemen - Civil War

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sad part is, he wanted to return to the negotiation table.

His assassination shows Houthis, and their supporters in a bad light.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Sad part is, he wanted to return to the negotiation table.

His assassination shows Houthis, and their supporters in a bad light.
I don't think so they care for image..In-fact this will send strong message from there side..Any body opposed to us in capital will be treated like this

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Houthi seems to still have a control over sanaa...The situation will be further exacerbated , i believe

They don't. Armed forces of the state, armed tribes and the popular committees are pouring in. Aerial support is being provided by the collation. There could be an airdrop anytime.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I don't think so they care for image..In-fact this will send strong message from there side..Any body opposed to us in capital will be treated like this

The thing is, Saleh understood, that fighting a proxy war was futile, he realized his mistake.

The houthis are still running on Khat, look at the following link, the famine and Cholera as of now, is only in their controlled areas.
https://world-defense.com/threads/t...emens-saleh-dumps-the-houthis.4520/post-31297

So how long will they be able to fight, is anyone's guess. Secondly, Saleh is dead, but his commanders are not, how will they react, will they continue to fight Houthis, or will they melt away, is yet to be seen. Either way the Houthis, have been weakened.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

The capital is not under their control anymore. I hope the collation will support Saleh fighters and get his son in the lead.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
They don't. Armed forces of the state, armed tribes and the popular committees are pouring in. Aerial support is being provided by the collation. There could be an airdrop anytime.
So collation decided to take it to sanna ? Thanks for an update

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
The thing is, Saleh understood, that fighting a proxy war was futile, he realized his mistake.

The houthis are still running on Khat, look at the following link, the famine and Cholera as of now, is only in their controlled areas.
https://world-defense.com/threads/t...emens-saleh-dumps-the-houthis.4520/post-31297

So how long will they be able to fight, is anyone's guess. Secondly, Saleh is dead, but his commanders are not, how will they react, will they continue to fight Houthis, or will they melt away, is yet to be seen. Either way the Houthis, have been weakened.
Gone though map , shared it yesterday...A lot will depend on this now as you stated "Saleh is dead, but his commanders are not, how will they react, will they continue to fight Houthis, or will they melt away, is yet to be seen."Further if collation supports them and enters in sanna then houthis will defiantly have no chance..In absence of collation i think its difficult to defeat them

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Agree though until collation with its full force along with saleh and state armed forces take on houthis in Sanna..They will have continue upper hand

The coalition just issued an evacuation warning for civilians in Sana'a

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
The coalition just issued an evacuation warning for civilians in Sana'a

BtKjHD0CQAA1wlX.jpg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Agree though until collation with its full force along with saleh and state armed forces take on houthis in Sanna..They will have continue upper hand

My understanding is that the Saleh Faction will not melt away, but on the contrary turn wholesale on the Houthis.

This is a code of the tribal system.