Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Saleh killed hours after seeking end to war

Somebody somewhere doesn't want an end to this conflict ........... may be because its not their own people who are suffering and because its easy for them to turn normal people into zombies fed on religious propaganda dose.

Is it tobacco chew? I have seen it very common in images..

1512450663284.png

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Somebody somewhere doesn't want an end to this conflict ........... may be because its not their own people who are suffering and because its easy for them to turn normal people into zombies fed on religious propaganda dose.

Is it tobacco chew? I have seen it very common in images..

View attachment 4318View attachment 4318

Saleh as @Legend said was trying to go back to the table for talks. He announced that couple days ago. He broke the deal with the Houthies and stormed the capital. As he was trying to move from where he was, he was targeted. Now the fighting escalated and his son Ahamed has entered into the picture trying to take revenge. The coalition on the other hands have launched an extensive airstrikes on muliplite locations in the capital for the first time.

That is called Khat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat it is an amphetamine-like stimulant that makes them hyper.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Saleh as @Legend said was trying to go back to the table for talks. He announced that couple days ago. He broke the deal with the Houthies and stormed the capital. As he was trying to move from where he was, he was targeted. Now the fighting escalated and his son Ahamed has entered into the picture trying to take revenge. The coalition on the other hands have launched an extensive airstrikes on muliplite locations in the capital for the first time.

So what are the allied forces waiting for, God forbid an actual missile attack on some nuclear reactor? Aerial bombing alone is not helping improve the situation ........ a quick, swift and decisive ground invasion is needed to rid Yemen of this problem. I think the situation has reached the point where these Khawarij need to be stopped with full force from spreading further fasad and fitna. Innocent Yemenis shouldn't be made to suffer anymore, their lives are precious.

That is called Khat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat it is an amphetamine-like stimulant that makes them hyper.

So they are using a drug basically. I suspected that, that's why I asked.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
So what are the allied forces waiting for, God forbid an actual missile attack on some nuclear reactor? Aerial bombing alone is not helping improve the situation ........ a quick, swift and decisive ground invasion is needed to rid Yemen of this problem. I think the situation has reached the point where these Khawarij need to be stopped with full force from spreading further fasad and fitna. Innocent Yemenis shouldn't be made to suffer anymore, their lives are precious.

So they are using a drug basically. I suspected that, that's why I asked.

That is what I said too. There has to be boots on the gourd supported by air strikes. But the area is filled with mines and that could take years to clear. The situation now is unclear and Im sure there are many things going on that we don't know of.

Here is a picture of the bombed republican palace where Houthies figures gathered for a meeting.

DQQKLjRX4AEoAYt.jpg

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
That is what I said too. There has to be boots on the gourd supported by air strikes. But the area is filled with mines and that could take years to clear. The situation now is unclear and Im sure there are many things going on that we don't know of.

I hope whatever the plan they come up, they quickly end this suffering of Yemeni brethren. Khawarij are trying to repeat the history, they made firm Muslim personalities make the wrong choices and decisions. I hope Arabs know that more than any of us, and realise this battle has many fronts ......... affecting Muslim world.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan

That Khat thing is a drug, I suspected it because every other Houthi fighter has this in his mouth .......... well if you need drugs for motivation to fight then you are fighting for a wrong cause ....... that is what I understand and believe.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

They don't have the capability to hit +/- 1300kms away. Neither the capability to penetrate a three tier air defense system, the most advanced in the region.

By murdering Ali Abdullah Saleh in cold blood, they have lost serious political, and moral ground.

What remains to be seen is, how the international community reacts to this.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
They don't have the capability to hit +/- 1300kms away. Neither the capability to penetrate a three tier air defense system, the most advanced in the region.

Having good defenses is a sound thing .......... but totally remaining defensive and letting the enemy breach your defenses one day .... I think not so wise. They have the missiles ........ they will get the range someday if you don't go after the missiles. My two cents.

By murdering Ali Abdullah Saleh in cold blood, they have lost serious political, and moral ground.

Exposed .......... as I said someone somewhere doesn't care for the consequences of their commands put into action by someone else.

What remains to be seen is, how the international community reacts to this.

I won't wait and let others make and take decisions for me ........ if I was party directly affected by a conflict.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yemen crisis: How did Ali Abdullah Saleh die?

According to one well-informed source in Sanaa, the former Yemeni president and his entourage were targeted while trying to flee the capital on Monday by Houthi rebels who executed the plan as part of an agreement between former Saleh loyalists and Qatar

by Ali Mahmood
December 5, 2017

A day after former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh was shot dead, the circumstances of his killing remain unclear with some reports claiming it was a result of betrayal.

According to one well-informed source in Sanaa, Saleh and his entourage were targeted while trying to flee the Yemeni capital on Monday by Houthi rebels who executed the plan as part of an agreement between former Saleh loyalists and Qatar.

Saleh, his son, Madyan, and Yasser Al Awadhi and Aref Al Zuka, of Saleh’s General People’s Congress party, were fleeing from the former president’s house in Hadda when they were attacked by gunmen, according to a journalist at the Yemen Today television channel – which is owned by Saleh.

The men reportedly decided to leave Saleh’s house to go to the village of Sanhan – Saleh’s birthplace – after they received information that the Houthi rebels were closing in on them.

Yemen’s Al Ayyam newspaper quoted a GPC source as saying Qatari officials made contact with Saleh and his entourage via Abdulmalik Al Sayan – a high-ranking official in the GPC. The source said that it was Al Sayan who convinced Saleh and his comrades to flee to Sanhan after guaranteeing them safe passage.

According to Salah Saleh, one of the former president’s children, his father was a victim of betrayal and Al Sayan was working with Qatar.
As the three men were approaching on Al Steen Street towards the Belad Al Roos area, east of Sanaa, to the village of Dhaber Al Kheerah near Sanhan, they found themselves cut off and surrounded by more than 30 Houthi rebels.

Al Sayan reportedly tipped off the Houthi rebels, who shot at Saleh’s vehicle that came to a halt. The Iran-backed group then shot Saleh and Al Awadhi and took both Saleh’s son, Madyan, and Al Zuka hostage, Al Ayyam daily reported.

The fate of the two men is still unknown.
Saleh was killed by the rebels 48 hours after he announced he was open to talks with Saudi Arabia and its allies, ending three years of a shaky alliance with the Iran-backed Houthis.

Saudi Arabia called on Tuesday for a Yemen free of "militias supported by Iran”.

"The Saudi Arabian cabinet expresses the hope that the uprising of the Yemeni people against the sectarian terrorist Houthi militias supported by Iran will free Yemen of abuse, death threats and the appropriation of public and private property," it said in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/yemen-crisis-how-did-ali-abdullah-saleh-die-1.681748

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
ANALYSIS: Who is most likely to become Saleh’s successor in Yemen?
Kamal Kobeissi, Al Arabiya - London
5 December 2017
e999f975-4686-4942-b074-c2999c06ad7e_16x9_788x442.jpg

Yemeni Colonel Ahmed Saleh, commander of the elite Republican Guards, arrives to attend a mass wedding ceremony for members of his force in Sanaa on January 1, 2012. (AFP)

The name Ahmad Ali Abdullah Saleh, the oldest son of the former deposed Yemeni president who was killed on Monday by Houthi militias in Sanaa, has resurfaced again as the ordinary heir to his father as many hope he will unite the General People’s Congress which his father formed in 1982 and headed until his death.

Ahmad was born on July 25, 1972 in Sanaa. He attained a Bachelor of Management and Economics from the American University in Washington and four years later he attained a Master’s degree in military sciences from Jordan. In 2006, he graduated from the military academy. He’s married and a father of two sons and four daughters.

Ahmad was Yemen’s envoy at the United Arab Emirates from 2013 until 2015 and the chief of the Yemeni Republican Guards from 2004 and for an entire period of eight years until current Yemeni President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi dissolved it and integrated its units in the army. During elections in 1997, Ahmad was elected Member of Parliament. He then became a commander of “special forces” from 1999 until 2002.

WikiLeaks document reveals Saleh was grooming Ahmad for power
According to WikiLeaks cable SANAA1954, the former president always wanted his son Ahmad to inherit his presidential post. The cable also said that most observers and the intelligence center affiliated with the American embassy in Sanaa felt that Ahmad was being groomed to succeed his father as president as he was quickly promoted in the military and eventually assumed the rank of a brigadier-general.

Most likely to succeed Saleh
Ahmed is also the chairman of the Saleh Foundation for Social Development, the honorary president of Al-Tilal Sports Club in Aden, the association for the disabled, Sha'b Hadramout sports club and Ibb sports club.

In 2004, an officer named Ali Al-Maraei tried to assassinate him and fired eight bullets at him. Ahmad was injured and transferred to Al-Hussein Hospital in Jordan for treatment.

On Monday, Al-Arabiya.net published an analysis which stated that according to political observers, Saleh’s assassination will challenge Yemen’s legitimacy and it will thus be a must to untie the ranks of the General People’s Congress.

A high-ranking Yemeni official said “it’s too early” to discuss who will succeed Saleh, hinting that the one who will most likely succeed him, especially considering the current circumstances, is his oldest son Ahmad because leading the General People’s Congress is essential for the party’s coherence and for maintaining tribal, military and political loyalties which his father built since the 1980s.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/fe...ly-to-become-Saleh-s-successor-in-Yemen-.html

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
How Saleh’s murder unites the Yemenis
by Abdulrahman al-Rashed
5 December 2017

If President Ali Abdullah Saleh was killed five days ago, the Saudi-led coalition and the legitimate government would have been blamed. However he was killed by the Houthis after he announced the end of his alliance with them. By killing Saleh, the Houthis have practically become rivals to all of Yemen’s components as Saleh was their only patriotic card and their political front before the Yemenis and the world. Saleh dramatically changed the map of war in Yemen when he said in a televised speech that he accepts the reconciliation. His assassination will thus not halt the new change he imposed.

The question now is can the late president manage the battle from his grave and confront the Houthis and ally with the legitimate government? What I mean can his institutions, alliances and men who have been loyal to him and to his instructions and ideas as result of his influence that lasted for four decades go on? What we know is that attempts to cancel Saleh have all failed in the past as even after he was forced to quit due to popular protests, he continued to be a leader. After the assassination attempt against him at al-Nahdayn mosque, everyone thought his role was over. He spent months being treated from burns in a military hospital in Riyadh. He surprised everyone after he returned and resumed governing Sanaa and managing political and military battles. This is why the Houthis finally decided to kill him – not to avenge because he turned against them but because he’s capable of destroying their political project.

Changing the game
A few days ago he altered the map of the war when he ended his alliance with the Houthis and decreased the number of the legitimate government’s enemies to half while areas controlled by the armed opposition shrank. Saleh abandoned the enemies’ camp and joined the allies’. This would have expedited the Houthis’ defeat and ended the main war. However Saleh’s murder aims to reshuffle the deck and suspend the reconciliation project. Since we know that assassinating Saleh aims to thwart the reconciliation, we must work on making it succeed.

What the late president did in the last four days of his life is the most important development since the war began three years ago. It will strengthen operations to push the Houthis and besiege them in their areas north of Yemen, that is if commanders of Saleh’s army that are participating in the fighting decide to join the ranks of the Yemeni army.

In the past days, Saleh tried to liberate Sanaa which has been occupied by the rebels since 2014 when military and security institutions were defeated without any resistance worth mentioning. But what about the extent of the Houthis’ power in Sanaa today? It was said they are the strongest party and that any attempt to get them out would have caused a bloody war between the two sides. It was difficult to figure out the truth but assassinating Saleh proved that the Houthis are an influential power. In the past Sanaa was Saleh’s fort and the Houthis could not enter it and occupy it unless after his approval. However, aver since they entered it, they worked on seizing arms’ warehouses, buying loyalties and planning for the day when they confront their ally Saleh, and perhaps assassinate him and control the capital.

The new reality is decisive and dangerous and requires the entrance of the Yemeni army and the coalition forces to enter Sanaa and work with Saleh’s forces that are in shock. The people in Sanaa and Saleh’s forces have great interest in engaging in a war to restore their city from the Houthis. In a televised speech, the late president called for lifting the siege and opening the airports for military and civil purposes and passages for aid convoys and trade activity. It’s not possible to do so after Saleh’s assassination and the only way to achieve this is to form a new alliance with Saleh’s forces and deter the Houthis in Sanaa.

Sanaa will be rehabilitated faster and it will restore its role as the country’s administrative capital if the reconciled parties agree on how to manage it. Sanaa’s residents, leaders of the General People’s Congress and commanders of Saleh’s forces must realize the importance of change which Saleh adopted and eventually got killed for. They must defend his decision and his project.

What about the savage wolves, i.e. the Houthis? They succeeded in getting rid of Saleh, their new enemy, and obstructing his plan. However they’re done as decision makers in this big war. Their hope to influence the shape of the governing political system is over. The Houthis went from being partners in governance to murderers of Saleh. It’s a crime they cannot justify. After losing Saleh, they’ve become nothing more than Iran’s militias against the Yemenis.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/vi...05/How-Saleh-s-murder-unites-the-Yemenis.html