11 missing in US Army helicopter crash, FL | World Defense

11 missing in US Army helicopter crash, FL

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
What a tragic story that I think could have probably been avoided.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
This kind of stuff happens: airplanes and helicopters fall out of the sky, trains hop off the track, car crashes kill hundreds of people daily, someone falls of a bike and breaks his skull. So yeah, looks like another transportation related incident... so many things that can go wrong. Just another fact of life.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well this incident was a very sad one especially for a person like myself who would love to be an army pilot. I think flying in such poor conditions should be avoided even during training because it is not safe for the crew and other personnel of such aircraft.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
It's an unfortunate event. It really bothers me when you think about helicopters being so ubiquitous and useful in military exercises yet their safety factor is essentially zero. I guess there's not much left to do with the design of the helicopter because engineers have been actively thinking of ways to increase the safety of these things since the 60's.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon, changing the way the protocols are and avoid flying in real bad weather, as it is going to cause more accidents or deaths which may have happened in this case. I think, that this was a great loss of life as many families will lose ones who were important to them and won't get to see them again which will hurt them. Flying in that sort of weather, will be very hard to control what is happening and also the pilot would have a hard time to see what is happening outside.