2000 feared killed in Nigeria's deadliest attack | Page 2 | World Defense

2000 feared killed in Nigeria's deadliest attack

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm not saying that they should not be incarcerated, but don't you think we could learn from them? By learn, I mean understand their frustrations so we can deal with that problem before they recruit more members.
I am not sure what their frustration is. But it could be something selfish that won't really benefit the entire population - just themselves. When you think about society, you think in the utilitarian perspective. If giving them what they want will only benefit their group and not society as a whole, then it's pretty much a lost case. We did learn from their sentiments but we've also learned since time immemorial that you can't always please people and that there's always going to be a group with a twisted way of expressing their sentiments. These people need to stop their selfishness.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
Boko Haram is a formidable terrorist organization in Nigeria. They're better armed and organized than the Nigerian army, which is plagued by corruption and low morale, even the difference in active personnel between the two isn't large enough to offset this. While an estimate of 2,000 lives lost is tragic, death tolls from Boko Haram's regular kidnappings and murders usually run in the hundreds, no one in the international community has cared so far and I doubt if they'll start now.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure what their frustration is. But it could be something selfish that won't really benefit the entire population - just themselves. When you think about society, you think in the utilitarian perspective. If giving them what they want will only benefit their group and not society as a whole, then it's pretty much a lost case. We did learn from their sentiments but we've also learned since time immemorial that you can't always please people and that there's always going to be a group with a twisted way of expressing their sentiments. These people need to stop their selfishness.
That's well written and also true in my opinion. I'm starting to think that a lack of opportunity, be that financial or otherwise, is the real problem in most of the world.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
It is so unfortunate when you have people who have nothing to lose. They will always disturb people trying to live their lives right. I hope that there is workable solution to prevent further loss of life. An anonymous system should be set up so that people can report crime without being afraid. This is not the way to live.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It's shocking that this has been allowed to happen. Almost as sad is the fact that there is very little in the media about it. Events in Paris were bad but 17 deaths doesn't compare with 2000 deaths. It's just the way that the information is presented to us.