3,000 U.S. troops deployed to Eastern Europe | World Defense

3,000 U.S. troops deployed to Eastern Europe

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
The U.S. has deployed 3,000 troops and 750 pieces of heavy equipment into Eastern Europe as part of a planned buildup to increase NATO defenses, the Pentagon announced Monday.

Troops from the 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division and their complement of tanks, vehicles, artillery and helicopters arrived in Latvia Monday via ship, said Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren.

The troops, from Fort Stewart, Georgia, are expected to conduct exercises in Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia for the next 90 days.

The heavy equipment is scheduled to remain in Europe as part of a planned buildup of satellite sites throughout Eastern Europe.

The U.S. has committed to deploying to a series of NATO outposts in Eastern Europe to further insulate them from any additional Russian aggression.

Source: 3,000 U.S. troops deployed to Eastern Europe | WashingtonExaminer.com

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
It seems like the situation is escalating day by day. I hope this deployment of troops doesn't lead to war but with the aggressive behavior of Russia I'm afraid that such thing may take place any second.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
So the 3,000 troops were deployed as a sort of "buffer" in case Putin takes an interest in the rest of Eastern Europe. They fear that what happened in Ukraine may simply be a simulation of even bigger goals. Putin may be planning to revive the USSR so NATO's trying to preempt its move by dispatching soldiers to former USSR states.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Good move. Nothing too agressive and staying far away from Ukraine while still showing Russia that they shouldn't be counting on being able to do whatever they like. Ukraine was pretty much a lost cause even before the current civil war broke out but a lot of the other countries are doing ok.

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
This just keeps getting worst....and I honestly don't think that sending troops over is going to make the situation any better.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
This just keeps getting worst....and I honestly don't think that sending troops over is going to make the situation any better.

I don't think it's going to worsen the situation either. Russia already views the Baltic countries and the US as its enemies. It's only natural that the Baltic states tries to deter Russia.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I want to believe this is going to make everything calm down. But then I look at this from the perspective of human nature and realize you're right. Human nature, particularly for someone like Putin, is to become more aggressive to show us he isn't afraid and he won't back down. Pretty scary, stuff