3 Muslims were shot dead by an atheist in North Carolina's Chapel Hill! | World Defense

3 Muslims were shot dead by an atheist in North Carolina's Chapel Hill!

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
3 Muslims were shot dead just very recently by a man who claim himself to be an atheist and who voices out anger towards any religion. Two of the the three were couples, while the other female was the sister of the wife. The killing might as the killer say have sprung from the parking lot. But the father of the murdered ladies who's a psychiatrist insist that it's because of religion and calls it a hate crime.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is very painful to hear. Instead of respecting each other, human beings are killing each other.

polgara

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
The father may be saying it's a hate crime but there is absolutely no evidence that this is the case. The shooter had been in a long-term dispute over parking and this has been proven to be true. Just because the victims were Muslim doesn't mean it's a hate crime.

blur92

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Considering the amount of times disputes over parking and similar cases occur, I think it is unlikely that it is not a hate crime. Otherwise, this individual would have blown up in similar instances. Parking is such a petty thing to become so angry about, let alone shoot people over. It makes more sense if there was another motivating factor, and in this case it would be hatred.

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
Well, the issue might be about parking, but what is the proof that the hatred that pushed the shooter into killing wasn't because he could not feel as much empathy with Muslims as he could have with white people (and maybe only beat them up or something common like this?)

What I think sucks is that as it happened, it was not talked much about. I mean, in any case where Muslims are perpetrators, the press jumps on the occasion to point it out on them being Muslims. But if they are the victim, they just don't talk much about it and go like, "Well who knows."

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
This is a very sad situation and the media as usual down played this event like the hypocrites they are. Had the perpretrators been Muslim then you would hear of a terrorist attack being carried out but when Muslims are the victims and the shooter is a white guy then you hear it was an attack over a parking space and religion had nothing to do wit it.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The absence of justice will bring damage to the entire world....

I don't know where those people will lead world to ?

Why media always talking by the name of religions ?don't those people have names and nationalities ?

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Hate crime is such a stupid term anyway! I think it was over the parking dispute. If the shooter had Christian leanings or a conservative political bent, the media would be swearing it was because the victims were Muslim. Anyway, bottom line is probably that the guy was a nut with anger issues.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I think this guy clearly had a problem with these people being Muslim. It seems he was mad about a parking space, but honestly I think that was just an excuse to do what he did.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
If the victims were from different faith and the criminal was a muslim we would have heard about the criminal being labeled as a ''muslim terrorist'' but since it was the other way around we hear different justification < psychic, nut, mentally ill, fight escalated because of whatever issue. (:-&

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
While it kind of looks likening might have been a hate crime, it doesn't really make sense that an atheist would kill people for believing in something he doesn't think exists. Why not just let them believe whatever they want if they are not threatening him? It sounds more like he is just an extremely angry person who has little self control.

Eileen100

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I don't believe this to be a hate crime at all. I believe the shooter had other issues with the deceased. The media needs to have it's " journalist's" go back to school. Why didn't they report the the truth here. I'm more concerned that the media didn't report the truth. It makes me wonder; what else have they lied about?

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Horrifying. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a hate crime and that he just didn't want to admit it. It's strange how he can murder three innocent people in cold blood but cannot admit his hatred.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
3 Muslims were shot dead just very recently by a man who claim himself to be an atheist and who voices out anger towards any religion. Two of the the three were couples, while the other female was the sister of the wife. The killing might as the killer say have sprung from the parking lot. But the father of the murdered ladies who's a psychiatrist insist that it's because of religion and calls it a hate crime.
This is horrible! Whatever the reason is, people shouldn't have to worry a out this sort of thing happening just because they're walking down the street. Why can't these people see how nutty they are?