597 Ukranian troops killed | World Defense

597 Ukranian troops killed

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
This is a huge blow to the Ukrainian peoples and sovereignty. My condolences go out to the families of the slain soldiers and I hope they an avoid such catastrophes in future operations.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
That is so many people killed who leave behind people who love them. There should be a solution to conflicts instead of wars that kill innocent people and destroy businesses that have taken years to be built. The world is so full of violence that nations look for the slightest provocation to bomb their neighbor.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
This is very sad. I live in the Ukrainian village and my daughter goes to school with a lot of Ukrainian immigrant children. I am sure this will affect a lot of her classmates. I know when the war started we had vigils and prayer meetings. My daughter wanted to go so she could support her friends because they were so sad. I'm sure many of them still have family there.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
No wonder Putin suddenly offered to help Cameroon fight off Boko Haram troops. I bet he was trying to divert the attention from this incident. For the militias to have such formidable firepower, strong enough to destroy almost 600 Ukrainian troops and 49 tanks, it's obvious they're in possession of several high-powered weapons no doubt supplied by Russia. Where are the peacekeeping troops and NATO when you need them?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
It's not just the separatist rebels who were fighting at the airport.
Ukraine says its forces come under attack from Russian troops | Reuters
Ukrainian army units came under attack from Russian regular forces in eastern Ukraine on Tuesday and heavy fighting was taking place, a Ukrainian military spokesman said.

The announcement at a specially called news briefing was one of the boldest assertions yet by Ukraine of direct Russian military involvement in the nine-month conflict between pro-Russian separatists and government forces.
Despite what the West and Kiev say is incontrovertible proof, Moscow has consistently denied that any of its regular forces are deployed in Ukraine.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
So that is another thing that escapes my understanding, Russia claims that independent militias are attacking Ukraine, but it could not be more obvious that they are supporting them, how ridiculous can this be...

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
If those reports turn out to be true and are verified,then this could be a real turning point in the conflict. Russia continues to be involved despite the recent sanctions imposed on it by the West. My guess is that Russia should brace itself for more sanctions and the citizens are going to be the worst hit.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
There are no more economic sanctions that the west can give I think, the next step would be the NATO intervention and I think that it's about time, after all if they claim that it's not Russia, we are just fighting who exactly?

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
597 confirmed dead and people are still being kept in the dark? That is really disturbing. I pity those that live near where conflicts happen, they probably can feel that something is going on and yet no information on how they can possibly prepare themselves if things get any worse.

morgan_titan

Reactions
5 1 0
Country
Canada
There are no more economic sanctions that the west can give I think, the next step would be the NATO intervention and I think that it's about time, after all if they claim that it's not Russia, we are just fighting who exactly?

I think there's going to be a new round of sanctions coming from the EU in the coming weeks. The DNR and LNR were declared terrorist organizations today by the Verkhovna Rada, which was mostly so the EU can do the same.

NATO won't be eager to intervene, because the risk of a multi-national conflict spiralling out of control against a nuclear power is not something that anyone wants. Sadly, it may be history repeating itself - with too little done too late before more countries are attacked in a similar fashion before it boils over.

I guess we'll have to see - but this can most definitely turn into a huge conflict.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines

PoRiRam

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Rest in peace to all of those souls who died and condolences to all their families, as well.
It is definitely time for an intervention. This can not continue.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
So the reality is that Russia actually smuggled or say "discreetly" placed their real troops, armed with the deadliest weapons in their arsenal, among the rebel frontlines? That is just so them. This seems like cheating. I can't believe they would do something so underhanded and unethical.
It is the strategy they use to avoid direct military confrontation with Western nations that may be interested in the conflict. Here's an article that explains quite well, how they [the Russians] do their stuff. How they did it in Georgia, how they do it in Ukraine, etc.

NATO could have trouble combating Putins military strategy
A Russian form of secret warfare called maskirovka might not qualify as a military attack . . . Instead of fighting in the open, Russian troops enter . . . with license plates and insignia blacked out . . . there [is] no clear evidence — at least available publicly — that it [is] the Russian’s themselves taking action, rather than locals acting on their own behalf.
Such tactics stop short of open warfare and the nations thus invaded fear that if they counterattack, they would then be labeled the aggressors.