737 Jordanians evacuated from Yemen, others wished to stay: Ministry | World Defense

737 Jordanians evacuated from Yemen, others wished to stay: Ministry

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
AMMONNEWS -Under the directives of His Majesty King Abdullah II to the government to follow-up on Jordanians' condition abroad, especially of those in Yemen, the government has evacuated 737 citizens from Yemen, either through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Affairs' operation center, or Jordan's embassy in Sanaa.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate Affairs' spokesperson, Sabah Al Rafei, said the government has evacuated a vast majority of Jordanians in Yemen, and the rest have confirmed their desire to remain there, either due to family or economic reasons or because of private engagements.

With regard to the evacuation process, Al Rafei indicated that most evacuations were done in the form of convoys and private buses to Saudi Arabia and Oman, as evacuation by air from Yemen was difficult for multiple reasons.

She noted that priority in evacuation was accorded to families and students, and the ministry appointed a citizen on board each bus and ship as a constant contact person to check on the situation of other citizens. "Delegates from our embassies were available to receive the citizens at border points," Al Rafei added.

She said: "At the behest of His Majesty King Abdullah II, seven aircrafts were engaged to transfer Jordanians who had been evacuated from Yemen and arrived in the city of Jizan in Saudi Arabia, and others by sea to Djibouti, to Amman."

Al Rafei expressed her appreciation for authorities in Saudi Arabia, Oman and Djibouti for facilitating the entry of Jordanian citizens into their territories. She also thanked members of the Jordanian community in Oman, the Arab Bank and Royal Jordanian airways.

The foreign ministry's spokesperson called for Jordanians to seriously follow circulars and statements issued by the foreign ministry regarding their travel and accommodation abroad. These are published after extensive studies, taking into account the safety and security of citizens abroad, she affirmed.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe they have relatives and loved ones who are too ill to travel? I must admit, I couldn't understand them staying for any other reason, not even for work.

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
What! Yemen is totally destabilized. What will those people who wished to stay are going to do over there?
Maybe they have relatives and loved ones who are too ill to travel? I must admit, I couldn't understand them staying for any other reason, not even for work.
Maybe they have already assured that they'll be safe, like in special compounds or secret places or something. Idk but I wouldn't stay there lol

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Maybe they have already assured that they'll be safe, like in special compounds or secret places or something. Idk but I wouldn't stay there lol

I hope everyone reach home safe and sound. Being part of the collation might harm these people. I think its better for them to get out of there. You never know things might explode anytime in the coming days. I can only pray for their safety.