A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard | Page 30 | World Defense

A PIA Airbus airplane flying from Lahore to Karachi has crashed with 95 passengers onboard

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
I have driven 100,000 ton oil tankers while fasting and it didn't effect my thought process.

Hi,

I hardly ever judge people---. But if it was against the terms of your job---then that was one of the worst acts of deceit---.

Most pakistanis shamelessly commit this act or similar acts---.

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I hardly ever judge people---. But if it was against the terms of your job---then that was one of the worst acts of deceit---.

Most pakistanis shamelessly commit this act or similar acts---.
In my case i only used to accept the job after discussing and clearing these matters with the HR.
Me keeping fast was officially allowed by the company.
They used to leave it on my discretion as there is no hard science supporting the assumption that a few hours of keeping hungry will effect my performance.
A few days of starvation may be.

Shari'a allows a traveler or "Musaafir" not to keep fast and do a "Qazaa" later.

Me driving a ship or a pilot flying a plane as long as they go 48 miles or 77 km away from home and nit planning to stay at the other end for more than 14 days, are Musaafir and can skip the fast and keep later.

But a certain degree of choice is allowed in this case.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

PIA flight from UAE makes emergency landing at Karachi airport

The technical fault was detected by the cockpit in the hydraulic system of PK-218 flight

Published:
August 19, 2020
22:43

Karachi: A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight coming from UAE to Peshawar on Wednesday made an emergency landing at Karachi International Airport after developing a technical fault, Pakistan media reported.

The technical fault was detected by the cockpit in the hydraulic system of PK-218 flight. The pilot then contacted the Air Traffic Controller at the Karachi Airport and sought permission for a technical landing, reported 24NewsHD TV channel.

The ATC allowed the plane to make a technical landing at Karachi Airport. The pilot succeeded in landing the plane at the airport safely.

A PIA spokesman said the flight will fly to Peshawar as soon as the technical glitch is rectified. "All facilities are being provided to passengers at the airport," the spokesman said

Moreover, PIA has started two weekly flights for Chitral. In a tweet, the national carrier said, "PIA brings a chance for its passengers to explore the majestic beauty of Chitral with two weekly Karachi flights."

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
PIA will be dead if UAE as well put conditions to improve quality of aircrafts.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
PIA will be dead if UAE as well put conditions to improve quality of aircrafts.
Just imagine if this aircraft would have crashed as well? Despite the previous crash, nobody is asking why was the a/c grounded for 4hrs in Muscat one day prior to the crash.

Very easy to blame the pilot, but PIA's shitty maintenance is a sacred cow, cant mention that!