A Turkish submarine (Type 209/1400) was spotted passing close to Rhodes | World Defense

A Turkish submarine (Type 209/1400) was spotted passing close to Rhodes

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
A Turkish submarine Type 209/1400 was spotted on the 8th of March passing close to Rhodes.

B_mt2m9XEAEaI2i.jpg

B_mt23CWIAIXMI_.jpg

B_mt23jWcAAv4SO.jpg

B_mt2JlWYAALDbS.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Turkey and Greece again things beef up? Im not following what is going on and Im honestly ignorant on what is b/t Turkey and Greece. Can someone explain what is going on?

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Well.... we are not on very friendly terms with Greece. We never have been in the history. :D Though these things occur time to time nothing significant.

Here is a nice video themed on Greeco-Turkish rivalry. |0|

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Well.... we are not on very friendly terms with Greece. We never have been in the history. :D Though these things occur time to time nothing significant.

Only God can defeat Greece.|0|

Did Turkey go to war with Greece! That interesting. I didn't know about that and I feel ashamed {}

I have heard that Turkey gas pipeline is going through Greece to Italy, France, Germany and Spain. Could the political climate affect this deal?

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Only God can defeat Greece.|0|

Did Turkey go to war with Greece! That interesting. I didn't know about that and I feel ashamed {}
Well, we are kicking them since 1071. :)
I have heard that Turkey gas pipeline is going through Greece to Italy, France, Germany and Spain. Could the political climate affect this deal?
No... we are not that bad with Greece. A showdown with Greece is very unlikely.

This type of stand-offs occur time to time, we are very used to it and it's not significant.

Greek Coast Guard boat harassing Turkish fisherman.
D17162303.jpg

Turkish Type-209 surfaces, Greek boat runs for it. :)
D17162304.jpg

Greek Coast Guard boat harasses Turkish fisherman, Turkish Coast Guard boat arrives and plays cat-mice with the Greek boat.

Turkish Jets low-passing over Greek Islands.

Also, a year ago nearly 20 Turkish military aircraft plowed Greek airspace all the way from North to South, then South to North. Possibly mapping all the Greek anti-air systems over the Islands.

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Well, we are kicking them since 1071. :)

No... we are not that bad with Greece. A showdown with Greece is very unlikely.

There are in NO position to stand against Turkey from both military and economic point of views.

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Lol @the video. I loved it. But to be quite honest guys Greece has a rich history that date thousands of years back. I have been Turkey already and think of visiting Greece in my next journey to Europe. Im just curious to visit the museums over there. Have you guys been to Greece? I had a classmate from Greece who was majoring in wine testing%-(

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Lol @the video. I loved it. But to be quite honest guys Greece has a rich history that date thousands of years back. I have been Turkey already and think of visiting Greece in my next journey to Europe. Im just curious to visit the museums over there. Have you guys been to Greece? I had a classmate from Greece who was majoring in wine testing%-(
I have been in Greece but didn't travel, just passed it transit while going to Italy but I know Greece is as good as Turkey in tourism. Especially their islands. :)

xenon54

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
23 0 0
Country
Turkey
I too don't understand the whole picture about Turkey-Greece conflict maybe @Sinan @xenon54 @Cabatli_53 can tell us the story.
I think i dont need to repeat what happened in middle ages since you probably know it but let me explain the recent history.
Turkey and Greece have two major disputes, one is Cyprus and the other is the territorial waters in Aegean.

Greece wanted to annext Cyprus back in 70's and made a coup there, then started to massacre Turkish minority on the Island, Turkey as one of the three guarantor mights of the Island intervened and occupied the Turkish populated north in 1974, after that no agreement could be reached with Greece and North Cyprus became de-facto independent.

And about Aegean, Greece wants Turkey to accept the International 12 miles rule which Turkey refuses because Greece could cut off the connection between Black sea and Mediterranian for Turkey, Turkey on the other hand wants a 6 mile rule which would be a more fair share of international waters in this case.

Current 6 nmi.

432px-Aegean_6_nm.svg.png

The 12 nmi rule which Greece wants.

432px-Aegean_12_nm.svg.png

So its pretty obvious that Turkey is not gonna accept the 12 nmi rule.

There are also minor disputes such as some small islands and the overall situation is also quite complex but all in all thats it.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Thank you for the detailed information. I really had no idea of the whole issue. Please excuse my ignorance. ^^0^^

xenon54

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
23 0 0
Country
Turkey
Thank you for the detailed information. I really had no idea of the whole issue. Please excuse my ignorance. ^^0^^
Nah mate you can ask whatever you want, i will probably also ask questions regarding Arab countries in the future. :)