A weaker Europe? | Page 2 | World Defense

A weaker Europe?

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It's more weaker in the economic sense rather than anything else, and as far as the UK is concerned, while I was undecided a few weeks, even a few days ago, I think now I'm voting to leave the EU.

There's just so much that we aren't in control of, and its harming our own nation. Another issue I'm having is that why are the UK government determined to keep us in the EU in the first place? Spending all that money on propaganda, bringing Obama over to convince us all to stay?

Its just making me look at the alternative more closely more than anything else.

I'm totally removed of course, being from the United States, and so I don't get a vote. I'm interested to see what happens with this situation. I think ultimately it's up to those in England to decide the course of their future. It does seem in some senses that the EU is falling apart, and this could be the best time to get out, and re-establish itself as a strong, independent nation.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Like I've said a few times, I wasn't sure what way to vote, but after sitting down and having a proper look at the arguments of both sides, I'm now with the out side.

The problem is, the 'IN' and 'OUT' campaigners are too busy fighting amongst themselves and they aren't telling people what they need to know, and letting them make an educated decision. With that in mind, we're going to have people voting on an important issue such as this, but without a clue why they're voting the way they are.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
If the UK could actually get out from under the Rothchild umbrella, they might stand a chance to make it on their own. However, if they do that and they're to become the new Germany that the powers that be decide to destroy, then that would not be good for them at all. They have the right to make the best choice for their people and their economy without any foreign interests or outsiders telling them what to do. They might falter for it, but they might blossom for it, too. I'm looking at Finland and others who got rid of their previous ties with banking institutions and foreign affairs, and they did extremely well for it. The UK has a possibility to do the same if they do it right in a way that gives them the most for their efforts and the best results.

They may encounter issues from other countries who want to destabilize the UK's economy to take the place of the UK and strengthen their own economies again (i.e: Greece, Romania, etc) in the EU at their behest, but even if they did, there would be plenty of great opportunities abound for them with asia and others that the EU previously restricted them from engaging. It could go either way.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
The UK is no doubt a powerful economic player on the world stage and has the wherewithal and military ethos to trend where others don't. The UK has been flexing its military muscle together with the US almost like equals in adventures christened 'coalition of the willing' and has suffered no significant economic issues courtesy of its military adventurism. It is also a nuclear power with the Trident submarine to back it. It is also a veto wielding member of the Security Council. Actually, The UK's withdrawal from Europe is not good news.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at it from the perspective of a country in the EU, I too dint think that the UK leaving the EU would be a good thing, but none have actually come out and said that. I think that's another emreason why people are looking at voting out, we don't feel like we're valued.

In fact we've got countries such as France practically turning round and saying "well we didn't want you to join anyway" and at the last count I think it was 60% of Europeans that couldn't care less if the UK left.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
When does the voting actually take place @pwarbi? The situation you mentioned, where the two sides seem to be confusing those who will do the voting, reminds me a lot of our current political culture here in the U.S. with the upcoming presidential election. It seems there is a lot of negativity, with one side saying one thing, and the other decrying those statements as lies, then putting forth their own statements that are subsequently also decried as lies. It's difficult to sort through all of the bluster and obfuscation and discern the truth, so it's going to be difficult to make an intelligent decision.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
When does the voting actually take place @pwarbi? The situation you mentioned, where the two sides seem to be confusing those who will do the voting, reminds me a lot of our current political culture here in the U.S. with the upcoming presidential election. It seems there is a lot of negativity, with one side saying one thing, and the other decrying those statements as lies, then putting forth their own statements that are subsequently also decried as lies. It's difficult to sort through all of the bluster and obfuscation and discern the truth, so it's going to be difficult to make an intelligent decision.

The 23rd June is the day that we go to the polls @Diane Lane so there's still a bit of time for people to make up their minds yet.

That's the main worry, people will either be that confused by it all that they just won't vote at all, or people won't listen to both sides of the arguments and vote on an un-informed opinion. This is a pretty big decision to make for the UK, and I just hope that people take it seriously.