Ababeel - Pakistan first MIRV ballistic missile

MIRauf

Reactions
1 242 8
Country
USA
JL-3?
Isn't that an ICBM ?
3rd Gen SLBM, yes it has roughly 12K KM Range, so yes SL-ICBM, likely Pak one might be shorter range ( my guess ) as the sub is supposedly hybrid type, just re-hashing from what has been posted prior.

Zulu

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
2,008 60
Country
Pakistan
In 2012, the Pakistan’s government announced that the Naval Strategic Forces Command had been created with the responsibility of maintaining and controlling Pakistan’s second-strike capabilities. [51] The government also hinted that it had developed sea-based launch systems, but since then Pakistan has kept the state of these systems publicly ambiguous. [52

In January 2017, Pakistan army announced that it has conducted its first successful flight test of a SSBM, called Ababeel, which has a maximum range of 2200 kilometers. The missile is said to be capable of delivering multiple warheads, using Multiple Independent Re-entry Vehicle (MIRV) technology, making Pakistan the first country in South Asia to demonstrate MIRV capability. [59]

[51] “Naval Chief Inaugurates Naval Strategic Force Headquarters,” Inter Services Public Relations, 19 May 2012, www.ispr.gov.pk.
[52] Franz-Stefan Gady, “Does Pakistan Have a Sea-Based Second Strike Capability?” The Diplomat, 13 March 2015, www.thediplomat.com; Tim Craig and Karen DeYoung, “Pakistan Is Eyeing Sea-Based and Short-Range Nuclear Weapons, Analysts Say,” The Washington Post, 21 September 2014, www.washingtonpost.com.
[59] “Press Release No PR-34/2017-ISPR,” Inter Services Public Relations, 24 January 2017, www.ispr.gov.pk.

@Gripen9 @Counter-Errorist

Reactions
10 1,382 60
Country
USA
3rd Gen SLBM, yes it has roughly 12K KM Range, so yes SL-ICBM, likely Pak one might be shorter range ( my guess ) as the sub is supposedly hybrid type, just re-hashing from what has been posted prior.
Hybrid type? I thought Pak was working on a mini nuclear reactor as per Rafi. Once u put in a nuclear reactor in a sub...I don't see a point in having another power source. So in the long run...I can see PN going for SSBNs.