Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 325 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Not numbers , the news of induction
Induction in these numbers will look fools internationally (when you dont going to havd numbers what benefit it will give in actual)... only announcement make sence will be of 1 sqr of J15

Mechanic

Reactions
308 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Induction in these numbers will look fools internationally (when you dont going to havd numbers what benefit it will give in actual)... only announcement make sence will be of 1 sqr of J15
We dont need to announce the numbers , just names of new jets ,We have already received 16 J-15s , 8 J-10s and 6 JH-7A in less than 6 months with 4 more coming this month , This isnt a bad number

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Other forum @kursad saying J10C induction announcement can come in very near future

Baloch Pakistani

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
8 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Dont know. All I know is two more sharks inducted. Alh 18 now.
If they are inducted then they are not flying yet since no more sightings are being reported.
I have a few questions about j15.
1. Are these jets optimized for PAF or are they brought in on the as is basis?
2. What are the variants that we are getting, is D variant included in the deal?
3. Are we getting them with chinese engines or the russian ones?
4. Does j15's have aesa radar?

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
If they are inducted then they are not flying yet since no more sightings are being reported. Are these jets optimized for PAF or are they brought in on the as is basis? What are the variants that we are getting, is D variant included in the deal?
Oh they are flying alright, and quite more than usual !! Yes they are customized for PAF as stated earlier.

"No sightings" - well on this one I want to see what learned members come up with!

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I understand J15 would be fielded near our naval assets, but still wonder what customization PAF had ordered and where does J-15 fit's into PAF doctrine!
It's a heavy weight fighter, it's air frame has huge drag and RCS, it's engine performance is not established.
Could it be possible that PAF version would be carrying drones /multiple GB6 or it's just for carrying heavy jammers and confusing already confused InAF!

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
If they are inducted then they are not flying yet since no more sightings are being reported.
2. What are the variants that we are getting, is D variant included in the deal?
I don't have any insider info...the answers to ur questions below are educated guesses...
3) Chinese engines
4) Yes

1 and 2 are very specific questions that only an insider can know...and I'm not sure if they are gonna spill the beans on it just yet...considering that they haven't even been officially announced.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't have any insider info...the answers to ur questions below are educated guesses...
3) Chinese engines
4) Yes

1 and 2 are very specific questions that only an insider can know...and I'm not sure if they are gonna spill the beans on it just yet...considering that they haven't even been officially announced.
J10 is buzzing now other PDF and on twitter also F16 booster too as @Khafee saying EDA stock is coming with upgrades now looking farward towards J15 announcement if according to @Khafee number is 18 so we may see induction all in once

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I understand J15 would be fielded near our naval assets, but still wonder what customization PAF had ordered and where does J-15 fit's into PAF doctrine!
It's a heavy weight fighter, it's air frame has huge drag and RCS, it's engine performance is not established.
Could it be possible that PAF version would be carrying drones /multiple GB6 or it's just for carrying heavy jammers and confusing already confused InAF!
J15 uses WS10(some variant)...
...WS10 has come a long way through iterative updates. Recently many Chinese jets that used to have Russian engines have started to switch over to WS10 instead. I remember reading the news a while back about Chinese breakthrough in single crystal turbine blades...this among other research(result of pumping billions in R&D) has carried over to WS10. Still though I would assume PAF tested it thoroughly before making the purchase.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
They are very much flying, and more than usual. One simple reason being, every a/c handles diferently, and it takes pilots time to understand this. The other being fine tuning tactics.

1) Customized for PAF
2) All 3
3) Chinese engines
4) Yes

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
I remember reading the news a while back about Chinese breakthrough in single crystal turbine blades...t
I missed this news, if its indeed the case as you have mentioned than it's a great news which will boost Chinese Engine manufacturing in leaps & bounds.