Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ads featuring Hitler, Arab leader to appear on Philly buses

3710ff67-6556-4d43-b5ed-fb7694f4794f_16x9_600x338.jpg

The pro-Israel American Freedom Defense Initiative’s ads appearing Wednesday carry the tagline: “Jew Hatred: It’s in the Quran” (AP)​

By AP | Philadelphia
Thursday, 2 April 2015
Provocative ads showing a photograph of Adolf Hitler with a former Arab leader are to begin appearing on Philadelphia transit buses.

A federal judge last month ordered the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority to accept the ads. The agency said last week it wouldn't appeal.

The pro-Israel American Freedom Defense Initiative’s ads appearing Wednesday carry the tagline: “Jew Hatred: It’s in the Quran.”

Mayor Michael Nutter attended a rally against the ads Tuesday. Religious leaders encouraged unity and peaceful protest.

The Interfaith Center of Greater Philadelphia says it’ll run its own ad “Dare to Understand” ad campaign that promotes mutual understanding, respect and tolerance.

The ads will appear on 84 buses. One features a 1941 photograph of Hitler and supporter Hajj Amin al-Husseini, a Palestinian Arab nationalist.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/advertising-and-pr/2015/04/02/Ads-featuring-Hitler-Arab-leader-to-appear-on-Philly-buses.html

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
This photo comes as a surprise to me, had no knowledge that Hitler had Arab supporters, didn't he think that the Aryan race was the superior one, what made him associate with this Arab leader?
I think they chose the right picture to provoke a reaction though, the message is very strong. A man who tried to exterminate a people because of their beliefs and another whose organization is always at odds with them.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's a chilling and appropriate ad. Islamic radicals remind me a lot of the fascists in Germany. They're radicals who want to exterminate those who don't follow their exact, twisted version of Islam.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
There have been a few posters in NYC that are pro-Israel that have gotten some flack. The problem is you don't know if people are getting offended, or muslims & apologist are just yelling how evil they think Israel is. Go to any college campus and where a pro-Israel shirt, you will see what I mean. I don't know if these people are more anti-zionism, or pro-Islam. It is hard to tell.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
This is ridiculous. To demonize an entire religion and a judge ORDER it be displayed so publicly is going way too far. It's instigating an already bad situation. Nothing good will come from this. More hate crimes and more animosity are the only consequences we're going to see coming from this

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Disgusting stuff. Do people actually know that Muslims saved the lives of Jews fleeing the Nazis? Albania for example which is a country with a Muslim majority didn't kill the refugees who fled to their country. If Muslims and Hitler were working together to annihilate the Jews then how does one explain the incongruity — Albanian Muslims saving Jews?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Disgusting stuff. Do people actually know that Muslims saved the lives of Jews fleeing the Nazis? Albania for example which is a country with a Muslim majority didn't kill the refugees who fled to their country. If Muslims and Hitler were working together to annihilate the Jews then how does one explain the incongruity — Albanian Muslims saving Jews?
They don't explain it. They ignore it. This sort of behavior is the root of propaganda. The majority of people don't even realize Albania is a country, much less that the Muslims Saves news. (I knew it was a country, but had no idea about them saving fleeing news). People are going to believe what they want to. And if the government and media can plant the seed of hate to convince the people to agree to a convienant genocide, they'll do it. I have heard so many people who thinks just like the nazis did. The difference is that its Muslims instead of Jews, now.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
If you've heard the rumors then all this would make a lot of sense.
90% of the U.S. Media is owned by Israel First Zionist-Jews. These 6
Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America.
If that's true then you wouldn't expect the Jews to fight fair. As long as they get people to hate Muslims whom they believe are the enemies of Israel their homeland . . .

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
If you've heard the rumors then all this would make a lot of sense.

If that's true then you wouldn't expect the Jews to fight fair. As long as they get people to hate Muslims whom they believe are the enemies of Israel their homeland . . .
I'm feeling really discouraged right now. Maybe discouraged isnt the right word. Disillusioned? Or terrified? The media's influence over people is the most powerful influence in the world. If they cause more terror than any of the jihadists or radicals, who are the real terrorists?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The media's influence over people is the most powerful influence in the world. If they cause more terror than any of the jihadists or radicals, who are the real terrorists?
The media, considering its influence isn't supposed to be biased but the media owners being but human will, when it serves their interests, use propaganda to elicit a certain reaction from the public. The rise of Islamophobia in the U.S is proof that the media has achieved their goal — make more people hate Muslims.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I, reckon this will cause some issues and will not be a good thing and the media has misled people at times and this could cause riots to occur which will lead to deaths and looting as well. I think, people may see that all muslims are bad and try and attack the ones who are not part of this and in their mind will think it is the right thing. The ads on buses, will lead to conflict and the judge could be attacked by groups and will need to be careful as well in what he does.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
It seems like they are doing all in their power to provoke Muslims. Maybe they want to get a response from extremists. An attack of some kind so they can further curtail the liberties of Americans. Look at the Australians response to terrorism . . .

Australia Is Curtailing Civil Liberties In Response To The Islamic State
IS has spooked Australia's government to push through a series of reforms reminiscent of post-9/11 America.

Some people might be sacrificed so the others might be ready to give up more civil liberties . . .

. . . so the government can "protect" them better.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
It seems like they are doing all in their power to provoke Muslims. Maybe they want to get a response from extremists. An attack of some kind so they can further curtail the liberties of Americans. Look at the Australians response to terrorism . . .

Australia Is Curtailing Civil Liberties In Response To The Islamic State
IS has spooked Australia's government to push through a series of reforms reminiscent of post-9/11 America.

Some people might be sacrificed so the others might be ready to give up more civil liberties . . .

. . . so the government can "protect" them better.
Is not a similar tactic to what the Nazis used during WWII? The difference being tht this time it isn't just a small section of the world, but the majority. Maybe thats why they have the Ads with Hitler... to laugh at everyone who is falling for it?
I'm not Muslim, or any other religion, and this scares me. I can't imagine how terrified innocent people must feel because they happen to be Muslim right now.
When Rome was killing off Christians, they would burn they're bodies, and use them as candles in the dark. I wonder how long before we see that kind of brutality again.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Maybe we won't have to see that kind of brutality. Muslims in France have started leaving the country. Maybe the more the West embraces Islamophobia, more and more Muslims would prefer to move back into the Middle East [the UAE probably] rather than stay in Europe amongst people who hate them.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Maybe we won't have to see that kind of brutality. Muslims in France have started leaving the country. Maybe the more the West embraces Islamophobia, more and more Muslims would prefer to move back into the Middle East [the UAE probably] rather than stay in Europe amongst people who hate them.
Itd be really nice if they had a "I hope you're right" button.
You tend to have a pretty good grip on the realities of certain situations, I've noticed from several other posts. So I'm a little more optimistic than I was lol
Do you not think that if extremists continue killing we are going to feel the need to butt it in? Especially, if oil is at stake?
The Muslims are goin to outnumber the Christians in something like 50 years. Maybe that's perceived as a threat. If nothing else maybe that's what fuels the hate. Once the Christians are outnumbered they won't have as much pull?