Ads featuring Hitler, Arab leader to appear on Philly buses | Page 2 | World Defense

Ads featuring Hitler, Arab leader to appear on Philly buses

BigBIgFan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I think the ad is 100% acceptable anywhere in the U.S. for several reasons.

#1 - Freedom of speech protects everyone, including the poster of this ad, so long as the message is true.
#2 - People do not have as thin a skin as politicians would have you believe, they won't start a riot.
#3 - They bring a real problem out into the open for discussion.

If you can't even talk about a problem then how can you solve it? I think political correctness has hampered the fight against terrorism. Obama for example can't even say the words "Islam" and "extremist" in the same sentence, he refuses and he won't put Islamic terrorists on the national list of terrorist organizations, but he has no problem putting American war veterans there as a potential threat.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think the ad is 100% acceptable anywhere in the U.S. for several reasons.

#1 - Freedom of speech protects everyone, including the poster of this ad, so long as the message is true.
#2 - People do not have as thin a skin as politicians would have you believe, they won't start a riot.
#3 - They bring a real problem out into the open for discussion.

If you can't even talk about a problem then how can you solve it? I think political correctness has hampered the fight against terrorism. Obama for example can't even say the words "Islam" and "extremist" in the same sentence, he refuses and he won't put Islamic terrorists on the national list of terrorist organizations, but he has no problem putting American war veterans there as a potential threat.
I'm going to have to disagree with you a little, there. Freedom of speech is a protected right. Misleading people to incite hate and fear towards a specific group of people, I'm not sure that is quite as protected. If I'm not mistaken, it even has a name. Hate speech maybe? Wikipedia describes it as:
"In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group. The law may identify a protected individual or a protected group by certain characteristics.[3][4][5][6] In some countries, a victim of hate speech may seek redress undercivil law, criminal law, or both. A website that uses hate speech is called a hate site. Most of these sites containInternet forums and news briefs that emphasize a particular viewpoint. There has been debate over how freedom of speech applies to the Internet as well as hate speech in general."

Did you know Timothy Mcveigh, the Unabomber, anti abortion activists who bomb clinics and murder people, Eric Robert Rudolf ( Olympics bomber), and Michael Page (the Sikh temple in Wisconsin shooting) were all white, Christian males?

Terrorists attacks on US soil by Muslims 1980-2005: 6%

Terrorists attacks on US soil by NON Muslims 1980-2005: OVER 90% (24% by left wing extremists).
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/muslims-only-carried-out-2-5-percent-of-terrorist-attacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.htm

I agree, screw political correctness. We need to call it what it is. Bigotry.

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
This ad is by Jewish Americans and targets my people by demonizing them. So can we Palestinians put out anti Israeli ads? Most likely no. As Jewish organizations will file anti-semitism complaints.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
While I'm all for freedom of speech the primary goal of these ads is to provoke Muslims. It's this sort of arrogance, immaturity and flagrant disregard for the rights of others that keeps terrorism alive.

The Muslims are goin to outnumber the Christians in something like 50 years. Maybe that's perceived as a threat. If nothing else maybe that's what fuels the hate. Once the Christians are outnumbered they won't have as much pull?
What would it change? Aren't nations saying they want to be secular? If Muslims outnumber Christians wouldn't it mean that they've got what they wanted in the first place? Or are they afraid that Muslims will eventually outnumber everyone else, elect Muslim leaders and subject the U.S to Sharia law? An absurd thought.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
While I'm all for freedom of speech the primary goal of these ads is to provoke Muslims. It's this sort of arrogance, immaturity and flagrant disregard for the rights of others that keeps terrorism alive.

What would it change? Aren't nations saying they want to be secular? If Muslims outnumber Christians wouldn't it mean that they've got what they wanted in the first place? Or are they afraid that Muslims will eventually outnumber everyone else, elect Muslim leaders and subject the U.S to Sharia law? An absurd thought.
The United States was founded on the idea of separation of church and state. It's VERY secular... On paper. Do I need to list the different ways this nation is a Christain nation?

Missionaries don't travel to other countries without their bible in tow.

Numbers, and being the majority is a very important part of religion. Converting people is more important to a lot of religious folk than helping people.

If Muslims out umber Christains in this country, where does that leave the National Anthem, the dollar bill, the 10 commandments posted in court houses, science, and everything else elected Christain representatives have unconstitutionally pushed into law? The majority wins the vote every time (unless a Bush is running).

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
If Muslims out umber Christains in this country, where does that leave the National Anthem, the dollar bill, the 10 commandments posted in court houses, science, and everything else elected Christain representatives have unconstitutionally pushed into law? The majority wins the vote every time (unless a Bush is running).
Currently, Muslims constitute about 6.67% of the population while about 78% of adults in the U.S identify themselves as Christians.

Taking those figures into account, how long do you think it would take for Muslims to outnumber Christians? The Christians who lose their faith would be atheists. So the number of atheists would keep growing and they'd be outnumber Muslims. So I believe even if Muslims eventually did outnumber Christians since atheists will vote in one of their own, all we might see is religion being pushed into the background. It would be good for everyone.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Currently, Muslims constitute about 6.67% of the population while about 78% of adults in the U.S identify themselves as Christians.

Taking those figures into account, how long do you think it would take for Muslims to outnumber Christians? The Christians who lose their faith would be atheists. So the number of atheists would keep growing and they'd be outnumber Muslims. So I believe even if Muslims eventually did outnumber Christians since atheists will vote in one of their own, all we might see is religion being pushed into the background. It would be good for everyone.
I can't argue with that. We would be in much better shape, overall, if religion had been pushed into the background a long time ago...
Unfortunately, we are in the majority there. People get the idea in their head that the only way anyone can decide what's right and what's wrong is if they have a book to tell them. Lol