After Paris attacks, pressure builds for big military response to Islamic State | World Defense

After Paris attacks, pressure builds for big military response to Islamic State

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
After Paris attacks, pressure builds for big military response to Islamic State| Reuters

The Paris terror attacks are likely to galvanize a stronger global military response to Islamic State, after a U.S.-led air war that has lasted more than a year has failed to contain a group now proving itself to be a growing worldwide threat.

The United States, long accused of taking an incremental approach to the struggle, is under growing political pressure at home and abroad to do more and it is expected to examine ways to intensify the campaign, including through expanded air power.

U.S. officials say Washington will look in particular to European and Arab allies to step up their military participation in the war in Iraq and Syria.

It remains far from clear whether Paris and Washington would be willing to radically expand the scope of their current military engagement, given a deep aversion to getting dragged into a large-scale ground war in the Middle East. But President Barack Obama has been committing more to the fight in recent months, and lawmakers and counter-terrorism experts see the Paris attacks strengthening arguments for additional military might.

charris89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
USA
I definitely think France will step up it's participation in the ISIS attacks. This tragedy has shown the world that ISIS needs to be eliminated. I hate that this attack, but hopefully we can learn from it and unite in the fight against them. I can't say if there will be a full scale war, especially with America recently withdrawing from Afghanistan. I would sign up for a few more years in the service if we did declare war on ISIS. Although I don't see it escalating that far at the moment, I think it is a possibility.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This is a good development. Even if it can be called a knee-jerk reaction to the ISIS problem, at least there is now a call to action. But it is not only the US that is to be tasked but all nations that are opposed to ISIS should contribute and momentarily forget their political idiosyncrasy like what is happening now in Syria. It is loud and clear that ISIS is a destructive animal that needs to be destoyed NOW.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Well firstly it's not response. ISIS was responding. But anyways, a military deployment in Syria would succeed in toppling ISIS. However it will main NATO forces will occupy eastern Syria which will conflict will Russia and Syrian governments position. And if NATO doesn't give up the liberated areas it could start a war. And then you have the factor of Kurds/Iraqi's slowly making gains which is easier for the whole world rather than West absorb casualties.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
These recent attacks were a game changer I think as it has brought home the danger that ISIS pose to many nations.

I think the time for talking is over and the world needs to co-ordinate attacks against them on a much larger scale.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I tend to give to myself all kind of different possible outcomes or solutions for everything in my life. I find it fulfilling and something to keep my mind busy all the time. I was thinking about all the attack, all the terrorism and bad things that have been brought upon the world. What if, these attacks were staged just to claim the reason to go to Syria and Iraq. To Have that reason, a good one in this particular situation, is a way to justify whatever happen there. Maybe it is far-fetched but it is a thought. I hope i am not right of course, i already lost to many faith in people.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I tend to give to myself all kind of different possible outcomes or solutions for everything in my life. I find it fulfilling and something to keep my mind busy all the time. I was thinking about all the attack, all the terrorism and bad things that have been brought upon the world. What if, these attacks were staged just to claim the reason to go to Syria and Iraq. To Have that reason, a good one in this particular situation, is a way to justify whatever happen there. Maybe it is far-fetched but it is a thought. I hope i am not right of course, i already lost to many faith in people.

Sad thing is most Westerners don't understand the conflict in ME is primarily local and social dispute between secular/religious Muslims. I explained this in my other post to you my friend. But now we are dragging our selves into it why...? It will give the religious people upperhand if we claim to oppose them. It will make it seem like West vs Muslim conflict which is exactly what ISIS want to achieve.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I understand, and i am not a westerner, what a religious conflict means. I am from Serbia on the Balkan peninsula and all wars here were because of the same reason. Even though the religious war is real there the ISIS is actually US. They work in order to make global banks and bankers happy and nothing makes them more happier than a conflict in the ME. Only a blind and stupid person cannot realize that when western countries led by the US are fighting a war against ISIS is like slapping yourself. They are the ISIS. All the funds, the resources and the training came from the US. ISIS was created same as Al Qaeda,( before the US came to Afghanista Al Qaeda did not exist) by the US. Everything is for the power of control. The global banking cartels are behind everything and people die on daily basis because of this. Religion and secular wars are just what they want. It is their main weapon. Why do you think US would give the guns to them and even train them? A lot of people who fought for the US and people who were there and have seen everything with objective perspective can and are vouching for what i said here.

charris89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
USA
I understand, and i am not a westerner, what a religious conflict means. I am from Serbia on the Balkan peninsula and all wars here were because of the same reason. Even though the religious war is real there the ISIS is actually US. They work in order to make global banks and bankers happy and nothing makes them more happier than a conflict in the ME. Only a blind and stupid person cannot realize that when western countries led by the US are fighting a war against ISIS is like slapping yourself. They are the ISIS. All the funds, the resources and the training came from the US. ISIS was created same as Al Qaeda,( before the US came to Afghanista Al Qaeda did not exist) by the US. Everything is for the power of control. The global banking cartels are behind everything and people die on daily basis because of this. Religion and secular wars are just what they want. It is their main weapon. Why do you think US would give the guns to them and even train them? A lot of people who fought for the US and people who were there and have seen everything with objective perspective can and are vouching for what i said here.

I've fought in the Middle East and I don't necessarily agree with you. Falcon is right about the war being primarily between religious and secular Muslims. The West gets pulled into when there are massive casualties in war torn countries. Not that it's any of our business.

I see your point about bankers starting the war. War is good for business. Jump-starts the economy, and the rich get richer. It has long been said that global bankers run the world. I wouldn't say they run the world, but I do know they have a great deal of influence. Whoever controls the money controls the flow of power. I just don't agree that ever bad thing that happens in the world can be laid at the feet of these mysterious bankers.

It is also true that Al-Qaeda was created when America trained the mujahideen to fight in Afghanistan. I'm not going to say that America is training ISIS and giving them resources though. The occasional conspiracy theory is fun to contemplate, however I don't make decisions until I see the facts. Is it a possibility? Of course it is, especially considering America's not-so-clean track record. If you're saying that America created ISIS by creating AL-Qaeda then that would be correct. Seeing as America created Al-Qaeda which is the organization ISIS came from. I remember from my time in Afghanistan a certain clandestine agency was there doing God knows what. Who can say what plans they were carrying out that is affecting us 5 years down the road.

The whole reason I joined the Marines to fight was to protect America from terror. Even if these organizations were being trained and funded by the country I was fighting for it didn't matter. America was attacked on 9/11 and that attack had to be answered. America also isn't the only country with corruption either. Whoever is funded them isn't the issue. The only thing I care about is that ISIS needs to be stopped. True it would be better if the Iraqi's or Kurds could do it, but I don't really see that happening. I also agree that ISIS want's it to look like the West vs Muslims. It would be great for them. I just want ISIS to be stopped no matter who gets the job done.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I've fought in the Middle East and I don't necessarily agree with you. Falcon is right about the war being primarily between religious and secular Muslims. The West gets pulled into when there are massive casualties in war torn countries. Not that it's any of our business.

I see your point about bankers starting the war. War is good for business. Jump-starts the economy, and the rich get richer. It has long been said that global bankers run the world. I wouldn't say they run the world, but I do know they have a great deal of influence. Whoever controls the money controls the flow of power. I just don't agree that ever bad thing that happens in the world can be laid at the feet of these mysterious bankers.

It is also true that Al-Qaeda was created when America trained the mujahideen to fight in Afghanistan. I'm not going to say that America is training ISIS and giving them resources though. The occasional conspiracy theory is fun to contemplate, however I don't make decisions until I see the facts. Is it a possibility? Of course it is, especially considering America's not-so-clean track record. If you're saying that America created ISIS by creating AL-Qaeda then that would be correct. Seeing as America created Al-Qaeda which is the organization ISIS came from. I remember from my time in Afghanistan a certain clandestine agency was there doing God knows what. Who can say what plans they were carrying out that is affecting us 5 years down the road.

The whole reason I joined the Marines to fight was to protect America from terror. Even if these organizations were being trained and funded by the country I was fighting for it didn't matter. America was attacked on 9/11 and that attack had to be answered. America also isn't the only country with corruption either. Whoever is funded them isn't the issue. The only thing I care about is that ISIS needs to be stopped. True it would be better if the Iraqi's or Kurds could do it, but I don't really see that happening. I also agree that ISIS want's it to look like the West vs Muslims. It would be great for them. I just want ISIS to be stopped no matter who gets the job done.
I understand your reasons and i agree with you even more because you have been there and saw everything you say. I do not agree the bankers are invisible and mysterious, they are just to big for us to see them. And for your uncertainty of US involvement in ISIS resources i will remind you that in the beginning it was not believable that US was responsible for the same outcome in Afghanistan. At least it was not transparent as it is now. I believe you will see this is the truth in few years when even your officials would not hide it. I really do not have anything against people of US. I think the best of you as of any other nation. I just despise your politics, i also apologise for my choice of words, i hate how they manage to get away from everything they had been doing for a long time just by being strong and powerful. You are a soldier and it is your job to protect your country but answer me this, how would you feel if i come to your house to protect myself by taking a baseball bat and hit you in the head, because i was not prepared when you came at my place and broke my window for example? The point is you are not defending yourself you are attacking others by the excuses you invent and somehow in amidst of all that some raw materials just happens to be exploited by the US. I know what you did in Balkans so i have every right to speak abut this. We are losing Kosovo because the west has decided for us.