Air National Guard F-15s to Europe to Deter Moscow | World Defense

Air National Guard F-15s to Europe to Deter Moscow

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
Twelve F-15 Eagle fighters and 200 airmen from the Florida Air National Guard began deploying to Europe this week as part of the U.S. and NATO buildup and training effort to deter Russian aggression.

All equipment and personnel from the 125th Fighter Wing based in Jacksonville, Fla., were expected to arrive in Europe by mid-April for a possible six-month deployment.

The F-15s will initially operate from Leeuwarden in the Netherlands and from Graf Ignatievo in Bulgaria, in the Operation Atlantic Resolve training exercise to “demonstrate U.S. commitment to the security and stability of Europe,” U.S. Air Forces Europe (USAFE) said in a release from Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany.

Lt. Gen. Darryl Robertson, 3rd Air force and 17th Expeditionary Air Force commander, said it was the first deployment of an Air National Guard unit in Europe as a “theater security package.”

Florida-F15-600x400-490x300.jpg

Source: Air National Guard F-15s to Europe to Deter Moscow | Defense Tech

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Yet another move by the USA to put equipment in Europe. They have been doing quite a lot of this recently so this doesn't come as a surprise, but all I'm thinking about is: when will it stop? I still think the possibility of a large scale war is astronomically tiny, but it certainly starts to feel like what cold war must have felt like...

Rebel

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
19 1 0
Country
USA
Of course America is moving equipment into Europe. All of Europe and most NATO nations outside of Europe are doing the same thing. Unfortunately there is this thing called Russia that we all have to put a strong defense against. Russia is a threat to the world now so don't be upset to see America (or any other nation) starting to build up against them.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I haven't got an issue with the US strategically placing military hardware and and troops in and around Europe.

While I think the threat from Russia is being exaggerated because I still don't see them as a major threat to the worof yet, I do think countries like the US have a right to monitor the situation and if that involves placing hardware closer to Russia then so be it.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
well its simply the new world order plan.
controlling strategic locations and countries with natural resources and minerals or oil and gas etc...
in order to do that they need to keep china and russia busy.