Algerian National Army

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
@Alpha

Hey brother I am not too familiar with Algeria's army but would you compare it to Egyptian army in terms of equipment/budget/philosophy?

Timsah

Reactions
129 2 0
Country
Egypt
@Alpha

Hey brother I am not too familiar with Algeria's army but would you compare it to Egyptian army in terms of equipment/budget/philosophy?
They have the largest budget in the MENA region, they buy the most advanced gear, similar to Saudi Arabia, except with Russia, Chinese and German weapons
They have good equipment, such as advanced jets like the Su-30MKA and T-90SA (Algerian variant of T-90S) and has the best MENA Air defence force, but they lack in terms of modern firearms, highly relying on outdated AKs, pistols.

while as Egypt, we are still modernizing our forces since 2014, but really picked up after Turkey's intervention in the Mediterranean and Lybia. we have an ok budget, but alot of us in the defence expertise/world, think it should increase more. our equipment is mixed, we have outdated weapons such as Misr (licensed build AK-47) but we also use modern rifles like AK-103s, Beretta ARX-160, SIG-550s etc.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
They have the largest budget in the MENA region, they buy the most advanced gear, similar to Saudi Arabia, except with Russia, Chinese and German weapons
They have good equipment, such as advanced jets like the Su-30MKA and T-90SA (Algerian variant of T-90S) and has the best MENA Air defence force, but they lack in terms of modern firearms, highly relying on outdated AKs, pistols.

while as Egypt, we are still modernizing our forces since 2014, but really picked up after Turkey's intervention in the Mediterranean and Lybia. we have an ok budget, but alot of us in the defence expertise/world, think it should increase more. our equipment is mixed, we have outdated weapons such as Misr (licensed build AK-47) but we also use modern rifles like AK-103s, Beretta ARX-160, SIG-550s etc.

Thanks for the overview, I did not know much about their army or their Air Defense force which is most surprising to me as I know Egypt has multi-layered AD and they invest quite a lot into it.

MilekNS

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Yugoslavia
So, what's up with those Serbian Nora B52 ?!? Do you own any, do you produce any under licence agreement or some other Spgh is winner for Algerian army?
I'm from Serbia btw (Yugoslavia doesn't exist since long time ago) and there is so much wrong info about Algeria army as "user" of 50pcs of Nora 52 which is not correct.. Right?

p.s. this is successor of Nora B52, 100% automated with 3 member crew capable of firing total 24 rounds w/o leaving armored Cab for a single second
1280px-Sloboda_2019_-_defile_11_-_MGS-25_Aleksandar_02.jpg

Alpha

Reactions
160 0 0
Country
Algeria
So, what's up with those Serbian Nora B52 ?!? Do you own any, do you produce any under licence agreement or some other Spgh is winner for Algerian army?
I'm from Serbia btw (Yugoslavia doesn't exist since long time ago) and there is so much wrong info about Algeria army as "user" of 50pcs of Nora 52 which is not correct.. Right?

p.s. this is successor of Nora B52, 100% automated with 3 member crew capable of firing total 24 rounds w/o leaving armored Cab for a single second
View attachment 17125
we have interest in different wheeled howitzers in competition for an unknown amount, but the Nora B-52 from Yugoimport-SDPR.. however Algeria and Serbia been eyeing each others markets for a while now, in fact Zastava offered us license production on the M-21 rifle too.

but our market is more inclined to Russia, China weapons for the time being

Aloui Louai

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Algeria
There is a fairly new modification implemented by the Algerian military, they are going to replace their old t-62 tank turrets with the bmp-2 turret &...... are going to turn the T-62s into tank support combat vehicles. To implement this project, the turret with the 115mm smoothbore 2A20 gun will be dismantled from the medium tank, and the Berezhok turret (w/ 2A42, Kornet and AGS grenade launcher) will be installed instead, the armor will be upgraded by adding contact-5 ERA to the front of the hull & contact-3 to the front sides of the hull, while the rear sides will only enjoy an armor cage. ( the protection should be good enough since it's designed only for "support" purposes )

Here is a photo showing the dismanteled turret & the new turret ring:
1637018687636.png