American helicopter shot down | World Defense

American helicopter shot down

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
A border patrol helicopter was fired on by unknown individuals. The helicopter was hit twice and they had to do an emergency landing. No one was injured. They couldn't tell which side of the border the shots came from. Fox News, in all their infinite wisdom, has told us its probably those terrorists groups forming in America. Fortunately, what we DO know is no one is taking credit for it, Fox reporters dont let facts or truth get in the way of their reporting, and there is no reason to believe it was terrorists.
News from The Associated Press

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder if it has something to do with drug cartels. I don't know what's really going on along the Texas border right now with drugs, but I have heard that some of the f the bigger cartels have some serious weapons. It's called drug wars for a reason. I hope they figure out what happened and it doesn't turn into a big mess.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I hope so, too. Only one explanation really seems to fit all the evidence, and that's the drug cartels. People who just want to cross the border don't want to bring that kind of attention to themselves, it wasn't a terrorist, not only because no one took credit, but because fOX suggested it was.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The Chopper apparently didn't suffer great damage. 10 or so minutes after the emergency landing it was back in action but this time it was flying up higher, beyond the reach of gunfire.

The answer to the question, who shot the helicopter?

A federal agent who spoke with Breitbart Texas on the condition of anonymity said, "U.S. Border Patrol agents were attempting to intercept a drug load. The chopper received gunfire from the Mexican side of the border. The chopper had to do an emergency landing due to the gunfire."

So it's the drug dealers who shot at the chopper.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well this may be the work of drug cartels or gangsters. I am sure the police will identify the persons responsible for this attack. It could have been very deadly with the loss of lives including people on the ground. These types of attacks in the US cannot be tolerated.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Is that border in Mexico? If it is then it is easy to surmise that it's the drug cartels of Mexico. I have read that those drug lords are lording it over in Mexico and they are trying to seize control from the government thru bribery and assassination. How many justices of their courts have died from the bullets of assassins?

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, @Corzhens, the border in the El Paso, Texas area, although there have been incidents elsewhere along the border as well, and Mexican authorities have also breached our border. You're right, there is a war going on in Mexico just south of the U.S. border, wherein the government is trying to wrest control of certain regions from the drug cartels who have steadily been increasing their holdings in those areas. The cartels are extremely dangerous and well armed, and will not hesitate to kill, harm, kidnap, or whatever else they choose, in order to further their goals of expanding territory and increase their power and profits.

sazzydan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
When things like this happen people do tend to believe that terrorists are involved, which should not be ruled out, but should also not be reported without having clear evidence that they are. I think all this does is spread panic to people. Perhaps the news reporters should get the clear evidence before they start reporting such things!

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
My husband told me that Mexican drug lords are brutal. They not only kill or maim Mexicans but also those migrating from the nearby countries like Guatemalans. Those entering the Mexican border illegally are taken to the safehouses as sort of hostages and a ransom from the family back home in Guatemala should be sent for the release of the hostages.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think like the majority of people have said on here already, all this points to the drug cartels. I wouldn't have thought it was anything new for the border patrol to be engaged in gunfire with drug runners, only this time they have managed to force an helicopter down. This is probably the only reason its made the news.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I think like the majority of people have said on here already, all this points to the drug cartels. I wouldn't have thought it was anything new for the border patrol to be engaged in gunfire with drug runners, only this time they have managed to force an helicopter down. This is probably the only reason its made the news.

Allow me to expound a bit on that drug cartel. Over here, we find the so called drug lords powerful because they have the money. So many drug laboratories were raided but no drug lord is jailed. Unbelieavable. I'm afraid that our country is going to the direction of Mexico that someday soon the drug cartel will control the government. I would dread that day.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
It does sound strange and not like a terrorist attack must be something like a drug deal, almost doesn't sound realistic with what goes on in our mad world!

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Allow me to expound a bit on that drug cartel. Over here, we find the so called drug lords powerful because they have the money. So many drug laboratories were raided but no drug lord is jailed. Unbelieavable. I'm afraid that our country is going to the direction of Mexico that someday soon the drug cartel will control the government. I would dread that day.

Drugs, money and government seem to go hand in hand in a lot of countries. While I'm sure the direct involvement will be hidden behind a massive paper trail, I'm sure that there's a lot of government officials that will be making a decent amount of money from the drugs trade.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@pwarbi, I shudder at the thought of those drug kingpins controlling the government. We have PDEA, the counterpart of DEA in the US. But it is tainted with charges of drug money, bribery, extortion, and whatever you can think of. The head would deny, naturally, but we cannot be too sure. They say that drug money is very powerful because drug lords are willing to throw away money.

Just recently, it was uncovered that some convicts in the national penitentiary were doing drug transactions. Evidences are partly the CCTV footages and the confiscated paraphernalia. Justice head De Lima moved those drug-transacting convicts to the NBI jail. NBI is the National Bureau of Investigations. And you thought that was the end of the story? Whoa, the CCTV of NBI yielded the same footages. Those convicts were able to do their business again.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
The Chopper apparently didn't suffer great damage. 10 or so minutes after the emergency landing it was back in action but this time it was flying up higher, beyond the reach of gunfire.

The answer to the question, who shot the helicopter?

A federal agent who spoke with Breitbart Texas on the condition of anonymity said, "U.S. Border Patrol agents were attempting to intercept a drug load. The chopper received gunfire from the Mexican side of the border. The chopper had to do an emergency landing due to the gunfire."

So it's the drug dealers who shot at the chopper.
I'm glad we know who did it, but the one thing I like even more than that is Fox being proven wrong... again.
When things like this happen people do tend to believe that terrorists are involved, which should not be ruled out, but should also not be reported without having clear evidence that they are. I think all this does is spread panic to people. Perhaps the news reporters should get the clear evidence before they start reporting such things!
It wasn't news reporters that reported it may be terrorists. It was Fox news that said it.