An interesting cartoon - Barbarianism vs Civilization | World Defense

An interesting cartoon - Barbarianism vs Civilization

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
Singapore
PrjhRxA.jpg

Interesting cartoon. What do you think are it's implications guys? This is definitely though provoking...

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
That we're as "evolved" as 'monkeys wearing people-clothes' ... Like comedian George Carlin said, "We're barely out of the jungle, folks!"

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The guy on the left is a barbarian, while the guy on the right is a protector of civiliazation. How do I know ? Well the guy on the right is on my team :) As the great General Napoleon said "It is not a soldiers job to wonder why, but to do or die".

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I'm not sure I understand your thoughts @orangesunset...

I am being sarcastic. When a country is at war, the enemy is always the barbarian, that is just they way things are. The news media and government puts out propaganda to keep the war going, and the other side's government does the same thing. And instead of working problems out, they have a war. That is just the way things are.

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
I don't see why we should classify acts of violence based on race. Whether the Asian man kills a Caucasian or Vice versa in a fit of anger, for revenge or in war, the loss of life is equal no matter what.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think this highlights that there's one rule in society for some people yet another for everyone else.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I don't see why we should classify acts of violence based on race. Whether the Asian man kills a Caucasian or Vice versa in a fit of anger, for revenge or in war, the loss of life is equal no matter what.
It's like 'your team's colors.' That's why I feel like I'm on Oklahoma State University's team (in their "bedlam"-competition against the University of Oklahoma in football-etc.)--even though all my relatives went to OU--because OSU has the same team-colors as my alma-mater Putnam City High School.

Laura Greenbrier

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
PrjhRxA.jpg

Interesting cartoon. What do you think are it's implications guys? This is definitely though provoking...
This reminds me of an excerpt I *just* read. It concerned the Boxer Rebellion in China. An ambassador was writing a description of the scenes he witnessed, including actions taken by English soldiers. He said quite frankly that he could not bring himself to accurately some of the things he saw, but that if he could, then readers would think of Western civilization as only the thinnest veneer of civility stretched over barbarous savagery.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The cartoon merely proves that when circumstances are reversed the one who believed he was civilized may yet prove to be the barbarian. History is full of such illustrations. Rebels oust tyrants only to be worse than those ousted. Deep down people are all the same. When they are pushed to breaking point . . . they are cruel, brutal, uncivilized

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
Singapore
It also compels us to question the very nature of civilisation itself. What is the real definition of civilisation? Civilisation has promised us many benefits but it has also brought with itself the ignorant society and other perils.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I agree with you. Every race has it's barbarians. Politics and race-baiting have their advantages, however. They sell more airtime! As for the meaning, simply that the human race is always the same.