Anonymous Says ISIS Plans Attacks Against 'Paris And The World' Sunday | World Defense

Anonymous Says ISIS Plans Attacks Against 'Paris And The World' Sunday

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Anonymous Says ISIS Plans Attacks Against 'Paris And The World' Sunday

Anonymous, the loose collective of online activists, said Saturday it has uncovered information about Islamic State group attacks in Paris as well as at locations in the U.S., Indonesia, Italy and Lebanon, all apparently set for Sunday. OpParisIntel, a group within Anonymous, released a statement saying it had collected information about imminent attacks by the militant group -- aka Daesh, ISIL and ISIS -- in the French capital a little more than a week after a series of coordinated attacks there left 130 dead and hundreds injured.

Anonymous also said the Islamic State group is planning an assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m. EST, as well as attacks at multiple events in Paris.

The collective published the list of potential targets alongside a statement: "The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while."

The targets listed by Anonymous are as follow:

• Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
  • Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
  • Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)
  • Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
  • Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)
  • Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
  • University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon
According to Anonymous: "We only appeared now because our goal was to remain undercover and report everything to the right authorities and let them take all the action. But when authorities do not take action, Anonymous does. This part of the op started last Monday and has [been] and will be active 24 hours a day as long as the op is going on."

Speaking to International Business Times, Anonymous said it had passed proof to the MI5 intelligence agency in the U.K., the CIA and FBI in the U.S., and the Australian government but that it has no plans to release the proof publicly. "If we share the proof [publicly], everyone will start calling it fake because screenshots can be edited and accounts can be deleted. We have purposely not shared account links publicly because they would be shut down immediately and then no one would believe the proof."

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If this is the truth than it can be a diversion because no one normal would say when and where. That is the point. If they loose the moment of surprise they will be left with nothing. It can be a diversion or just Anonymous seeking for attention. It really sounds crazy to reveal the location and time of next attacks in this fashion. Nevertheless, the security on those locations should be ready to react and we can only wait for tomorrow to see if this is some hoax or not. I really hope nothing will happen tomorrow.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
If this is the truth than it can be a diversion because no one normal would say when and where. That is the point. If they loose the moment of surprise they will be left with nothing. It can be a diversion or just Anonymous seeking for attention. It really sounds crazy to reveal the location and time of next attacks in this fashion. Nevertheless, the security on those locations should be ready to react and we can only wait for tomorrow to see if this is some hoax or not. I really hope nothing will happen tomorrow.

Agree, I am leaning more towards Anonymous seeking attention. Because what ISIS sympathizers threaten on internet forums or twitter shouldn't be taken seriously. They are just letting out anger but there is no concrete plans. I notice in the target bank listed, two Christian targets are included, one Muslim one(in Indonesia) and a few French targets. To my surprise no Jewish targets. Although I won't make conspiracy over that. But if this is to be taken seriously, it is clear ISIS fanatics are trying to drag Muslims and Christians into war they don't want to fight. In God's eyes, Christians and Muslims are akeen to Older brother and younger brother. And it will be very sad if the two brothers set out to murder each other.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This information, although we cannot say reliable, has a grain of truth as regards logic. The terroristic attacks have targetted a very popular game and to follow is the wrestling match that is also popular. From my point of view, it is clear that ISIS, if indeed they are responsible, is wreaking havoc in order to scare the populace. There is an indirect effect on the economy and politics of a nation resulting from those sneak attacks. And if that happens in every country, oh, that would be a big disaster like the black plague.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I doubt that terrorists would post their plans anywhere on the internet. They aren't that dumb. Considering the fact that ISIS has hackers working for them, they are tech savvy enough to know that anything posted on the internet can be accessed and obviously plans of attacks would never be posted online. I believe though that intelligence agencies will take a look at said evidence. They can't be too careful these days . . .

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I got the impression that, rather than being posted somewhere publicly online, Anonymous hackers have rooted out this information from other than public sources/sites. It would be difficult to say whether the information is accurate, because I'm sure there is at least some level of subterfuge in place to confuse and mislead the police and military.

I wouldn't assume that because I'm not in the areas listed and won't be attending any of those events that I'd be safe. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear of attacks taking place in other sites, because if the assaults aren't unexpected, that lowers the level of terror people feel. Although of course I'm concerned, I will go about my business as usual. I don't normally attend large gatherings, but I do live near some sites that have been listed as terrorist targets, so there's always a chance something will happen.

It's hard to say what the effects will be of Anonymous being involved in the situation, but if it confuses the situation for ISIS, and doesn't interfere with the efforts or the military and law enforcement agencies involved, I say more power to them.