Another blow to Obama's amnesty | World Defense

Another blow to Obama's amnesty

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Appeals court deals blow to Obama amnesty - Washington Times

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Updated: 2:16 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26, 2015
A federal appeals court upheld an injunction against President Obama’s new deportation in a rulingTuesday that marks the second major legal setback for an administration that had insisted its actions were legal.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled in favor of Texas, which had sued to stop the amnesty, on all key points, finding that Mr. Obama’s amnesty likely broke the law governing how big policies are to be written.

“The public interest favors maintenance of the injunction,” the judges wrote in the majority opinion.
Mr. Obama had acted in November to try to grant tentative legal status and work permits to as many as 5 million illegal immigrants, saying he was tired of waiting for Congress to act.

The full amnesty had been scheduled to begin last week, while an earlier part had been slated to accept applications on Feb. 18. But just two days before that, Judge Andrew S. Hanen issued his injunction finding that Mr. Obama had broken the law.

Judge Stephen A. Higginson dissented from Tuesday’s ruling, saying he would have left the fight over immigration policy to the White House and Congress, saying Mr. Obama should have broad discretion to decide who gets deported and how he goes about that.

Just Higginson also said the fight was a political battle, not a legal one

“The political nature of this dispute is clear from the names on the briefs: hundreds of mayors, police chiefs, sheriffs, attorneys general, governors, and state legislators—not to mention 185 members of Congress, 15 states and the District of Columbia on the one hand, and 113 members of Congress and 26 states on the other,” he wrote.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I have always thought the melting pot should be more open to immigration. That's kinda sorta what this country was founded on. But this really has gotten out of hand. I think the way it used to be worked better than this. We don't have the resources to take care of an entire other country and survive ourselves. This sounds horrible, but I think we should go back to them sneaking across th border and if they're clever enough to not get caught let them do the jobs nobody here wants. I have only met one person who lasted an entire season picking tobacco. 96.5% of the people who try it won't make it back for a 2nd day. But it gets done because they make more money in a day here than they made in 2 years in Mexico. It worked for everyone.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I have been receiving regular emails from my uncle in America about Obama's failed policies. One of those is this immigration issue. My uncle is harping that money for the citizens and legal immigrants is being shared by the illegals. So how can the country move forward when illegals are coming in and claiming benefits not due them?

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I was really pissed when Obama tried to squeeze this passed us. Illegals given legal work status. It's bad enough our own educated people are having a hard time finding jobs, now he wants to give it to the illegals? If I have to pay immigration and visa fees when I go abroad then so should they. Stop living off of our taxes damn free loaders.

You racist :) They are not supposed to be called illegals. I can't remember what the politically correct term for them is. These people have broken the law, when they get caught they attempt to play the sympathy card. Interestingly enough the places where they came from usually offer no rights to immigrants what so ever.

Non Americans seem to think that rights and liberties fell from the sky. They do not realize these things where fought for and paid for in blood.

Obama ofcourse wants to get the immigrant vote. I am not against immigration, but western countries are taking in too many immigrants who do not have western values. I am not talking just about muslims.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
You racist :) They are not supposed to be called illegals. I can't remember what the politically correct term for them is. These people have broken the law, when they get caught they attempt to play the sympathy card. Interestingly enough the places where they came from usually offer no rights to immigrants what so ever.

Non Americans seem to think that rights and liberties fell from the sky. They do not realize these things where fought for and paid for in blood.

Obama ofcourse wants to get the immigrant vote. I am not against immigration, but western countries are taking in too many immigrants who do not have western values. I am not talking just about muslims.
Yeah don't call them illegals! Call them conquistadors, that makes more sense. LOL Our liberties are hard won, and Obama is systematically trying to strip us of them. I am not trying to be mean, but I'm tired of dealing with third world behavior! Their children are rude, loud unruly brats, and the parents don't know where they are at any given time. I work in a very large department/grocery store, and we see hundreds (or more) hispanics every day. The kids are everywhere in the store, except with the parents. When they come to the check-out lane, they invariably have EBT, or WIC, and a big wad of cash to pay for non-food items! This is not something that we taxpayers ought to have to put up with!

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Yeah don't call them illegals! Call them conquistadors, that makes more sense. LOL Our liberties are hard won, and Obama is systematically trying to strip us of them.

People that break the law are criminals, plain and simple. Most of the time they are being harbored by people who have American citizenships, they should be charged with aiding and abetting criminals.

What is comical is they are extremely racist towards Blacks and Native Americans. The recent Mayweather fight shows this. They where posting remarks in Spanish on Twitter calling him a black dung beatle and other derogatory racist remarks. But meanwhile if other people would do the same thing, they would be screaming racism to no end.

Blacks and Native Americans ended up in USA by no choice of their own. The black guy didn't really have much choice, and until recently the black guy was getting screwed over.