Another Philippine Chopper Crashes | World Defense

Another Philippine Chopper Crashes

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
Despite the efforts of the Armed Forces of the Philippines to upgrade its equipment, the aged Huey Helicopters are still in use. Recently, another one crashed...this time in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. Two people were hurt in this event. Details are still being uncovered.

Moving on, the modernization of the Philippine army still feels like another round of hand-me-downs. I guess that is the reason why it is behind when it comes to equipment.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
That's what I keep telling the guys here. One even claimed that the soldiers deployed in Mindanao sell arms to terrorists when in fact the Philippine army doesn't even have a decent collection of weapons - much less quality war transport. I doubt the new recruits are trained as well as they should. This recent chopper disaster is just one of several examples.

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
I have seen the Caliber 50 guns sported by the MILF. They have some good equipment on them, while our army suffers. I say crush the rebels or ask them to fully surrender. Keeping the war going on will only cause more casualties. Yet, there are people who benefit from the conflicts, particularly arms traders. I just want to go to places in the Philippines without being suddenly abducted, especially in the Mindanao region.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
This is sad and this country's corruption is just really going worse that their equipment has to suffer like that and cost people's lives. What happened their budget? Is there even transparency in this country?

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Well isn't that just wonderful. Its just really sad that officials themselves would prioritize their own individual gain first before spending money on their country's defense so of course there is no choice but to settle for bloody hand-me-downs since its obviously better than nothing. Its frightening to think that compared to the strength of other foreign terrorist groups, MILF is probably nothing but the Philippine's military can't even deal with them. What more when a bigger problem decides to plague the country?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Despite the efforts of the Armed Forces of the Philippines to upgrade its equipment, the aged Huey Helicopters are still in use. Recently, another one crashed...this time in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. Two people were hurt in this event. Details are still being uncovered.

Moving on, the modernization of the Philippine army still feels like another round of hand-me-downs. I guess that is the reason why it is behind when it comes to equipment.

It's not just behind of its equipment, but also of its system. And it's probably because of their behind ideals. Recently I heard that the Philippine head of state rather went to to an inauguration, than to be at the ceremony where the the cops that died on their encounter of the one of the most wanted terrorist by the US were given honor. It's probably because of the leadership in the Philippines the reason why the country barely moves forward.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is now the time the Philippines should upgrade its military assets. I commend the DND for purchasing fighter jets from Korea but I think it is not enough. I'm asking the President and the government to modernize the Philippine Defense not just to avoid any tragedy due to old equipment and assets but also to have a credible defense in protecting it territory and its people as a whole.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yes. Philippine Air Force badly need to modernize their equipment now. It's really frustrating how the government just neglect these kinds of issue. I mean, where are all the taxes the Filipino citizens are paying go? Oh, yes, in the pockets of corrupt politicians. *face palm*