Arab Approach to War | World Defense

Arab Approach to War

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
This thread is related to Arab armies/strategies/culture of Arab people and why it's been such a deep failure. Arabs simply don't excel in warfare, intelligence, strategy or deployement of tactics, etc.....

I don't understand what the issue is. I've never been impressed by any Arab military entity. How come we have no effective intelligence? Which hinders our ability completely to deal blows to our enemies and hit them where it hurts. We have no effective war strategy at all. It's all traditional Soviet approach or dumbed down undiscplibed American approach. Our troops are not serious about achieving sufficiency, neither our commanders. Arab states focus on their populations let alone being able to fight a war. We also like to purchase nice weapons purely for bragging purposes amongst our people. Most Arabs have no concern of becoming military competent as long as they're unaffected. Can some explain What's with this backward mentality? Are our people simply too primitive and stupid? We live in a violent region yet put little emphasis/insistence on military competence. It's not about embarrassment anymore, it's about getting humiliated by everybody there is.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Can you tell us what is the main goal that should be achieved?

1. End corruption in our armies
2. Stop using them for regime protection rule(beefed up security forces can be used for that)
3. High intensity training for Arab troops
4. Stop allowing dumb soldiers to take steroid shots and allow them to be in special forces
5. Actually begin developing war strategy in places that interest Arabs(Syria, Iraq, Yemen)
6. Start sending advisers to Syrian rebels
7. Stop asking US to train them for us, Arabs should train and arm them solely(obviously Our training is so bad we can't yield any results in process)
8. Have military spirit to excel

We use to have fighting culture and developed strategies and so on. Nowadays we don't. And let me shut down myth of Egyptian army, Egyptian army also has poor training. They kill random people Sinai and claim to kill over 60 'terrorists' each day. Because we're so pathetic and incompetent.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Because there is no military mindset in the majority of the Arab countries. Very little discipline, laziness in general and overall just trying to get paid doing as little as possible. That just isn't a mentality that will lead to good soldiers. And there is that "primitive and stupid" factor which you mentioned... I can't think of a single great invention (military or civilian) that has come from that region in the past 200 years. The Arabs used to be the smart guys around but that changed somewhere around 1000-2000 years ago.