Arab states agree to form unified military force | World Defense

Arab states agree to form unified military force

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
cfbcb000-c9db-4baf-8666-c50e5e87dcd6_16x9_600x338.jpg

Pictured: An Arab League meeting. The agreement came after warplanes from Saudi Arabia and Arab allies struck Houthi targets (Reuters)

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
Thursday, 26 March 2015
Arab foreign ministers meeting in Egypt on Thursday agreed to establish a unified military force for rapid intervention to deal with security threats to Arab nations.

The ministers “agreed on an important principle, to establish the force,” Arab League secretary-general Nabil al-Arabi said at a news conference.

“The ministers all agreed,” Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said, Agence France-Presse reported.

The agreement came after warplanes from Saudi Arabia and Arab allies struck Shiite Muslim Houthi rebels fighting to oust Yemen's president on Thursday, in a major gamble by the world's top oil exporter to check Iranian influence in its backyard without direct military backing from Washington.

The task of the force will be rapid military intervention to deal with security threats to Arab nations, Egyptian TV added. The ministers asked the secretary of the Arab League to coordinate with Arab armies’ chiefs of staff within one month to form the unified force.

In the fresh barrage of strikes, Saudi-led coalition warplanes targeted a rebel-held military base in third city Taez, local officials and witnesses said.

The attack hit the Al-Tariq airbase in Taez, located in southwestern Yemen, they said.

Air strikes also targeted arms depots in Malaheez region in the rebels' northern stronghold of Saada, near the border with Saudi Arabia, witnesses said.

Raids also struck the civil airport in Saada, according to the same sources.

Last Update: Thursday, 26 March 2015 KSA 22:18 - GMT 19:18
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/03/26/Arab-FMs-agree-to-establish-joint-Arab-force-.html

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hell yeah babe that's what Im talking about.

Finally.

No we can have a strong military, economy and diplomatic influence. :--)

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Finally.

Not everyone ! (:& %-)

Always these traitors Berbers who control this country (Always friend with Russia, Iran and Assad) - they do not represent all the Algerian people in Arab majority -. “The enemy of my enemy - us, Arabs - is my friend”.

Need help !

Google translate

Link : Google translate

L’Algérie refuse de participer à la guerre au Yemen

Posted on 26/03/2015

LigueArabe-sommet-préparatifs Lamamra: L’Algérie n’autorisera aucune participation de ses troupes à des opérations militaires en dehors de ses frontières CHARAM EL CHEIKH (Egypte), 26 mars 2015 (APS)- L’Algérie n’autorisera aucune participation de ses troupes armées à des opérations militaires en dehors de ses frontières, a réaffirmé jeudi à Charm el Cheikh le ministre des Affaires étrangères, Ramtane Lamamra. « Nous prenons acte de la proposition soumise par le Président Abdelfettah El Sissi concernant de telles initiatives au service de l’action arabe commune et de la sécurité dans les pays arabes, de même que nous estimons nécessaire de tirer les bons enseignements à partir des précédentes expériences », a indiqué M. Lamamra à la presse en réponse à une question sur la position de l’Algérie quant à la création d’une force arabe commune. Le Chef de la diplomatie algérienne qui intervenait à l’issue de son entretien avec son homologue omanais, Youssef Ben Aloui en marge de la réunion des ministres arabes des Affaires étrangères, a évoqué « l’expérience africaine avérée qui pourrait servir de référence dans tout examen des fondements et de la sécurité collective ». « J’estime, de prime abord, que tous les maillons de ce système doivent s’enchaîner de manière solide et cohérente. Pour ce faire, il convient de focaliser sur la sécurité et la stabilité dans chacun des pays arabes », a-t-il poursuivi. « Des mesures préventives doivent également être prises dans chaque pays à part afin de pouvoir construire en son sein une société tolérante et complémentaire où règne justice sociale et bonne gouvernance », a ajouté M. Lamamra. « Si ces éléments venaient à manquer et dans le cas où les moyens susceptibles de permettre l’aboutissement à une solution feraient défaut, nous devrions penser à exploiter au mieux les moyens prévus par les chartes de la Ligue arabe et de l’ONU, tels le déploiement des forces de maintien de l’ordre. Les pays dont les Constitutions permettent de telles actions, sont en mesure d’agir dans ce cadre », a-t-il poursuivi. « L’Algérie n’autorisera aucune participation de ses troupes armées à des opérations militaires en dehors de ses frontières, mais pourrait toutefois apporter un soutien en logistique au delà de ses frontières sans pour autant impliquer ses troupes armées », a conclu le ministre.(APS)

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA

Always these traitors Berbers who control this country (Always friend with Russia, Iran and Assad) - they do not represent all the Algerian people in Arab majority -. “The enemy of my enemy - us, Arabs - is my friend”.

Need help !

Google translate

Algeria refuses to do so because it has relations with the Russians. Algeria army is irrelevant anyway, very small and lack advanced capability. If something happens to Algeria we will the first to side with it they should now that and stops being arrogant.

Most Algerians supports the ongoing military mission against Houthis in Yemen but the leaders aren't. Who cares anyway, with or without Algeria we are going to take every measure necessary to ensure peace and security in the Arab world.

Thanks to Turkey
Thanks to Pakistan

for showing support. That sends a message to all the world that Arab and Muslims are capable to face threats and deal effectively in any needed situation.

Once this operation is over we might interfere in Libya or Syria as well. If we take action in Libya then will teach Algeria president a lesson that he shall never forget.

happyfun88

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Canada
Just having some form of unification is a step in the right direction, they may not have everyone, but that could change in the future.

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Algeria refuses to do so because it has relations with the Russians. Algeria army is irrelevant anyway, very small and lack advanced capability. If something happens to Algeria we will the first to side with it they should now that and stops being arrogant.

Most Algerians supports the ongoing military mission against Houthis in Yemen but the leaders aren't. Who cares anyway, with or without Algeria we are going to take every measure necessary to ensure peace and security in the Arab world.

Once this operation is over we might interfere in Libya or Syria as well. If we take action in Libya then will teach Algeria president a lesson that he shall never forget.

It is the Berber minority that controls the country since independence in 1962. They stole the revolution of all Algerians for their own interests, money and power - Revenge on history against Arabs -. They have nothing to fuck our opinion.

Bouteflika - the president - is only a puppet. There has never been a real president in this country. This is the military generals to Berber minority who control this country - like Alawis in Syria - behind the scenes.

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
It is the Berber minority that controls the country since independence in 1962. They stole the revolution of all Algerians for their own interest, get rich and power - Revenge on history against Arabs -. They have nothing to fuck our opinion.

Bouteflika - the president - is only a puppet. There has never been a real president in this country. This is the military generals to Berber minority who control this country - like Alawis in Syria - behind the scenes.

We should imposed economic sanctions on Algerian oil companies and target investments by driving them out then the Algerian government will drop on its knees. We can do a lot to hurt Algerian government. We don't want any military help from Algeria after all what we should do IF Algeria undermines us is help Morocco and Libya develop their sea ports and then bring oil prices even down to a point that it hurts the government but not the people. We have a lot of political and economical cards that we can use against Algeria. I hope they don't force us to use them.

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We should imposed economic sanctions on Algerian oil companies and target investments by driving them out then the Algerian government will drop on its knees. We can do a lot to hurt Algerian government. We don't want any military help from Algeria after all what we should do IF Algeria undermines us is help Morocco and Libya develop their sea ports and then bring oil prices even down to a point that it hurts the government but not the people. We have a lot of political and economical cards that we can use against Algeria. I hope they don't force us to use them.

Me, I hope that we will and very quickly. It is enough that these rats control our Arab brothers and plunder their natural resources for more than 50 years. And use them against us.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Me, I hope that we will and very quickly. It is enough that these rats control our Arab brothers and plunder their natural resources for more than 50 years.

Their time is coming. Once the current president dies then things might beef up.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA

Finally.

I hope that this army will rid the world of ISIS and maintain some peace in the Middle East and N. Africa. In time [if it's successsful] there'll be fewer safe havens for terrorists and hopefully we'll see the death of ISIS in the near future. I wonder though if the "Arab army" will help the Syrians oust Assad.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I hope that this army will rid the world of ISIS and maintain some peace in the Middle East and N. Africa. In time [if it's successsful] there'll be fewer safe havens for terrorists and hopefully we'll see the death of ISIS in the near future. I wonder though if the "Arab army" will help the Syrians oust Assad.

That is exactly what I want to see. Maybe once the situation in Yemen ends next is the child murderer of Syria and his Iranian thugs.

As to ISIS we are part of the US led collation against ISIS in Iraq and now in Syria US and Canada have conducted some airstrikes against them. In Africa we should arm anti-boko haram with some advanced weaponry. Im sure they are capable to deal with Boko Haram in an effective way.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
That . . .
That is exactly what I want to see. Maybe once the situation in Yemen ends next is the child murderer of Syria and his Iranian thugs.
In Africa we should arm anti-boko haram with some advanced weaponry. Im sure they are capable to deal with Boko Haram in an effective way.

. . . would be great.

If the conspiracy theorists are right, that the instability in the Middle East was planned and sustained by the West, then this development [a unified Arab military force] messes up those plans. Badly too.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Need help !

Google translate

Take it busy mate. Algeria don't have that military arsenal to be part of the coalition. Their refusal is to save face thats all. Just like @Legend says. We can severely harm Algeria if it become a stumbling block in our way.

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
... Algeria don't have that military arsenal to be part of the coalition. Their refusal is to save face thats all...

o_O

This what is it !

Algerian Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At least transport (C-130 Hercules)...

....Just like @Legend says. We can severely harm Algeria if it become a stumbling block in our way.

But there is already a stumbling block in our way, by a systematic opposition : Sanctions Iran (Nuclear control), Muammar Gaddafi (Libya), Assad (Vote United Nations, abstain always), Support al-Maliki (Alliance Irak-Iran) and now Yemen.

Last edited: