Are peaceful Muslims in denial about their religion? | Page 2 | World Defense

Are peaceful Muslims in denial about their religion?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Last night I was reading the New York Times supplement and I got a different picture of ISIS. With their claimed territory in Iraq and Syria, the inhabitants are mostly Sunni, belonging to a Muslim sect, which are sympathetic to the ISIS ideology. And the good points of ISIS is their implementation of discipline and good manners. So those interviewed said why they are staying is because if you are not violating any law, the ISIS will not disturb you.

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
That's a well-written article, but you could make the same claim about any religion. It would be a hypocrisy to claim that violent Muslims act according to their religion, and then say that violent Christians are not Christians at all.

Karl King

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
All religions and religious texts are inherently neutral; there are a lot of valid interpretations for different ideologies within each religion. However, one thing that is fairly consistent within most religions is that killing is bad under most circumstances, and it is intolerable to be an aggressor. To say that, because of these texts, Islam is a violent religion is to say that Christianity and Judaism (and I'm sure other religions as well) are also violent because they have similar texts. Additionally, the statement that because we don't see peaceful Muslims being peaceful, they don't exist is absolutely ignorant. When was the last time CNN ran a story about a Christian being peaceful? When was the last time Fox ran a story of a Jew deciding not to attack someone? Those stories are too common, happen too often for news organizations to report on. However, tragedies are reported on, and unfortunately right now, people use Islam to justify killings. There are over a billion and a half Muslims in the world. If even 1% of them were as radical as ISIS or Al Qaeda, that's more than a 15 million man terrorist army. Islam does not preach hate or violence; these are people who are using Islam as a cover to murder whomever they want.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Ok, I read what you have to say and I am not saying you are wrong, but I have some burning questions after reading that. Islam was initially spread by force, it continues to be spread and maintained by force all over the world. In every country where Muslims are the majority, Christians face severe persecution routinely. In light of the information you have just shared, why do you think that is?
You should come to Turkiye,Albania,Azerbaijan,Indonesia,Malaysia,Morocco to name a few and see for yourself.