Are people mentally preparing themselves for WW3? | World Defense

Are people mentally preparing themselves for WW3?

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
We all know that there are things going on in Europe/Middle East which seem to be leading up to something, god forbid another world war, but have you seen the way people are talking about world war 3 happening?

It really feels when I talk to some people that they are truly afraid, or ready to fight Russia/China in a world war 3 scenario. Not even to mention the way Russians talk about fighting the U.S.

Any thoughts?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think, and pray, they are. The tension between so many nations right now, the corruption running rampant through every tier of every government, and our congress causing us to appear, and be, weak would be cause for concern in everyone's mind. I firmly bieve that 50 years from now, when children are reading about us in their history books, they're goin to wonder," how did they not see that coming?"

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think there will be a ww3... There certainly is a lot of tension but we are so much more developed than 50 years ago. The power of the internet alone could prevent such a conflict. I do however believe that once the oil runs out, things will start going south.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst I would hate to go to war, I'm not quite sure how else ISIS etc. could be beaten. With this in mind, I think WWIII is becoming increasingly more likely and maybe it would make sense to start preparing ourselves on a personal level.

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It would be hard to mentally prepare for a World War 3. We haven't really seen a legitimate "war" ever since, at least, Korea (maybe Nam as well). The gap from World War 2 to World War 3 would be so large that it would be hard to encounter the actual experiences that people faced during the second and first World War, making it hard for us to truly mentally prepare for it, because its war. I don't think people are focused on preparing for a World War 3 despite certain tensions within Russia and the US.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think some countries are as there has been some fights among countries and also, that tensions have been increasing and as we see Russia and Ukraine in a conflict it has led to more deaths and still going on even now. I would say, some are being worried and have done some preparations in case the war occurs and it could devestate the world if it happens and cause destruction. I think a another war could happen if tensions still arise, and we don't try and sort out the problems as it could lead to a third war and that would not be good as it would lead to rebellion as well.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
A lot of people are talking about it, but that's mainly because they have no idea and just follow what the news say. And the news of course say whatever gets them the viewers.

There really is no need to worry about WW3 happening. In the slightest tiniest possibility that it does, we will all be dead pretty damn quick so no point worrying about it.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
In a way, yes. I've played the possibility over and over in my head, countless of times. Try as you might, though, what goes on in your mind will never be as comprehensive or as shocking as reality. You can never really prepare enough. Expectations versus reality, you know.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I personally agree that there will be no WW3, but some of you are forgetting what happened before both of the world wars. It starts with a cult of personality invading it's neighbors, and slowly more people get involved. Also, people saying that we are to connected today for another war to happen, people said the same things about WW2. Again, I don't think WW3 will happen, but all it takes is a few missteps to get a conflict going.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I really hope it doesn't happen, but I agree that it's likely. I had rather be prepared and find out I'm wrong rather than not be prepared and find out I'm right.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
We all know that there are things going on in Europe/Middle East which seem to be leading up to something, god forbid another world war, but have you seen the way people are talking about world war 3 happening?

It really feels when I talk to some people that they are truly afraid, or ready to fight Russia/China in a world war 3 scenario. Not even to mention the way Russians talk about fighting the U.S.

Any thoughts?
I think all this hullabaloo is just about resources. Russia wants to extend its territorial boundaries to Ukraine since the soil and the weather is perfect for agriculture while as we all know, the invasion of Iraq was just about oil.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
There are far bigger interests we hold in our hands than startling a war of these proportions. There surely are corruption and tensions going on, I do agree with your point, but you must look at the bigger picture in order to understand:
Look at the sanctions imposed by the European Union over Russia, which are still effective if I'm right; The EU did manage to make a huge fluctuation in Russia's economy, a very consistent one, but did this benefit EU anyhow?
Long story short, no. Russia was affected the most, but the EU did suffer, too, as the former boycotted some essential services and products to the latter, too. If you want to learn more about this situation, you can inform yourself on Google.
So, as you can see, Putin might be portrayed a lunatic in the perception of some people, but he's not dumb; he is NOT going to go any further with his imperialist attempts, because, well, he doesn't have any close allies: China wants to adopt as many western principles as possible ( it's already adopted capitalism ), Kazakhstan and its adjacent areas are too weak to carry any weight on themselves, and North Korea is only a joke. |O|
Whereas the EU, USA, NATO members are strongly-tied one to another, which Putin is aware of. If he's not, well, he will endure the inevitable consequences of his oblivious actions. Quite straightforward.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
I think it can sometimes be blown over the top a bit. To have another world war, something REALLY big would need to happen. In a day and age where the slightest of bad political/diplomatic news can have big effects on the world economy and business, major powers like the US, China, UK etc. are going to do everything they can, with minimal use of physical force.

But I still do understand why you would be more paranoid with how long these conflicts and issues have been going on for. Hopefully we can find a solution for them quickly.