BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
argentine-20150819.jpg

Argentina approves $ 267M for Mirage-3 replacement program
By Dylan Vosman - Sep 21, 2015

Argentina has already reserved money to replace the Mirage recently decommissioned. By Presidential Decree 1775 issued on September 11 additional allocations for different subsections of the Government of Argentina among them is a party of about 267 million dollars for the acquisition of aircraft Supersonic II project are established. Argentina continues to await the election of the aircraft that will replace the recently discharged from the Mirage family without glimpsing in the horizon many options, basically leaving the IAI Kfir as the only viable, but given the amount allocated to only reach a small batch aircraft, and this assuming no depreciation of the peso against the dollar in the next three years, which is more than obvious that happen, so now is a game of $ 267 million, to be allocated in pesos, in a few years it will be reduced.
Argentina approves $ 267M for Mirage-3 replacement program | Defence blog

Last edited:

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Hm, French aircraft are suddenly thrown away by Argentina, what a good news. I know they are probably aging, but this is not like France hasn't done other aircrafts. But they still seem unhappy with that, given their behavior.
However I don't understand why they deprecate it now and what operations the Argentina should fulfill in its air warfare in the upcoming years. As well, the dollar is getting stronger now, are they afraid it will continue or what? Because this "hurry" feels weird, currently, especially with a low budget like this. I know Argentina isn't the richest government, but how much aircrafts they want to replace? Why can't they target an higher quality alternative? I am doubtful of this decision.