Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Arms sales pose no threat to global stability: China

BEIJING (PTI):
Emerging as one of the major arms exporters in the world, China has said its sale of artillery will continue to rise but it would not pose any threat to global stability.

"China has taken a very prudent and responsible arms sales policy, and its arms trade has been following the relevant international laws," Chinese Defence Ministry spokesman Yang Yujun told reorters last week.

According to a study by a Sweden-based Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), China has emerged as the fifth largest exporter of arms in the world after the US (30 per cent of global arms exports), Russia (26 per cent), Germany (7 per cent), France (6 per cent) and China (5 per cent).

Last year China surpassed the UK to take the fifth position.

Due to lower prices, practicability on the battlefields, and good after-sale services, China's military products have found their markets, state-run CCTV reported.

Most of its exports are home-grown armoured vehicles, light weaponry, air planes and ships. And most are also well used by the People's Liberation Army.

Globally, China has sold over 20 different vessels.

Chinese military contracts on several fronts have seen a steady growth.

"China has always adhered to the principle that arms exports should not impair peace, security and stability of regions or the world at large. China's arms sales abides by the relevant UN resolutions and international laws," Yang said.

"China's arms sales are on the basis of good diplomatic relations. It's based on the principle of mutual respect and benefit, in helping relevant regions to carry out normal defence needs. The arms trade will not change the regional security balance," said Rear Admiral Yin Zhuo, director of Chinese Navy Information Technology Advisory Committee.

Arms sales pose no threat to global stability: China | Brahmand News

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
Arms sales pose no thread to global stability: China

BEIJING (PTI):
Emerging as one of the major arms exporters in the world, China has said its sale of artillery will continue to rise but it would not pose any threat to global stability.

"China has taken a very prudent and responsible arms sales policy, and its arms trade has been following the relevant international laws," Chinese Defence Ministry spokesman Yang Yujun told reorters last week.

According to a study by a Sweden-based Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), China has emerged as the fifth largest exporter of arms in the world after the US (30 per cent of global arms exports), Russia (26 per cent), Germany (7 per cent), France (6 per cent) and China (5 per cent).

Due to lower prices, practicability on the battlefields, and good after-sale services, China's military products have found their markets, state-run CCTV reported.

Most of its exports are home-grown armoured vehicles, light weaponry, air planes and ships. And most are also well used by the People's Liberation Army.

"China has always adhered to the principle that arms exports should not impair peace, security and stability of regions or the world at large. China's arms sales abides by the relevant UN resolutions and international laws," Yang said.

"China's arms sales are on the basis of good diplomatic relations. It's based on the principle of mutual respect and benefit, in helping relevant regions to carry out normal defence needs. The arms trade will not change the regional security balance," said Rear Admiral Yin Zhuo, director of Chinese Navy Information Technology Advisory Committee.

Chinese exported weapons are of no threat because they are crap. I know I have seen so many of them here in the PHilippines. After sale service, there si none. From a strong military man in the Philippines who claims a lot of weapons they use in local law enforcment a massive portion of those weapons are made in china. He said over half of the weapons after a week of use begin to malfunction, and even explode in the faces and hands of the law enforcement officers using them. So if this is an example of what China is offering the world as far as exported Arms sales NO thank you.

If one of Chinas exports is Ships, why did they have to buy a decommissioned aircraft carrier form Ukraine.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Arms sales pose no thread to global stability: China

BEIJING (PTI):

Lower prices and good quality is the two main factors for any product. I'm sure China will only get better, and I'm sure that the top nations share ideals and borrow concepts from one another. We all know china doesn't have any problems with mass production.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Lower prices and good quality is the two main factors for any product. I'm sure China will only get better, and I'm sure that the top nations share ideals and borrow concepts from one another. We all know china doesn't have any problems with mass production.

China still doesn't have the capability like the US/EU do. Aircraft engines are big challenge for China.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
The problem is China does not see it your way for them its Mediocre prices and very low quality. they want to mass produce things as cheaply as possible they have a quantity over quality mindset, and the weapons they produce are no different. ALSO if you know anything about china (if your from the Asian region you know this) what china produces and exports is of lesser quality than what they produce and keep domestically. They have separate facilities for their domestic products they manufacture and keep in country that use real quality products. If people from Asia want something of significance from china, Like TVs or Computers or any electronics equipment they will pay the fee for the flight to go to china and buy it directly there instead of buying one that was shipped from china. For me after living in in Philippines for over 4 years I will have to say the Chinese are the absolute most unethical business men in the world, and we as a world keep feeding the dragon. If you guys really knew what CHINA was really like I think the world would be a bit different.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
It is still made in China. We all know the quality of anything China makes. They are a far cry from the United States.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
It is still made in China. We all know the quality of anything China makes. They are a far cry from the United States.
Yes you are right, China made is china made and it don't matter if its coffee makers, microwaves, electric shavers, computers or Weapons. Bad quality is bad quality no mater how you address it.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Despite the perceived lack of quality of Chinese products, these weapons are likely still upgrades to those willing to buy Chinese arms. Cheap and sometimes-effective military equipment is still superior to old weaponry, and still represents an increase in capability. While it may pose no threat to American or European weapons, if I were a regional neighbor of someone rapidly buying Chinese arms I would still be wary.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
"China has always adhered to the principle that arms exports should not impair peace, security and stability of regions or the world at large.
This is a joke. China has been selling arms to war-torn countries in Africa. Militias obtain the weapons and we've not heard the end of bloodshed. How does the sale of these weapons not impair peace? Because there was no peace in the first place?

starburstlateral

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Ireland
China are equipping the PLA with vehicles and vessels... I don't see a problem...

As for selling to African militias and proxy warlords, this is just standard business and isn't likely to change. It's certainly abhorrent that it's being done, but they are not the ones pulling the trigger. Armament's flow freely across the East, it's not to be isolated against the Chinese.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
How sure are they that China's "arms trade has been following the relevant international laws"? They talk big. They can't even follow international maritime laws, infringing the rights of countries that have effectively occupied Scarborough Shoal and poaching on foreign shores, yet they claim to have "a very prudent and responsible arms sales policy." What sheer contradiction!

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is a joke. China has been selling arms to war-torn countries in Africa. Militias obtain the weapons and we've not heard the end of bloodshed. How does the sale of these weapons not impair peace? Because there was no peace in the first place?
This just goes along with everything China does, they are the ones who always undersell anyone in any business so why would weapons be any different? Every day i am thankful i was not born in Africa near those war torn countries. However places like that are perfect for any Arms dealer to make a lot of money. And the sad thing is they sell the arms to both sides of a conflict. they dont just sell to one side. the arms dealers (in my opinion) help the continuation of the wars in those areas by always selling to both sides. You can bet with chinas unethical business practices they conduct every day they are no different. Selling weapons to both sides of a conflict only impairs their ability to resolve situations in peace. Remove their weapons and they have no choice but to throw sticks and stones and eventually sit at a table to peacefully come to a resolution, Keep feeding both sides with arms and peace is no where in sight.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
And the sad thing is they sell the arms to both sides of a conflict. they dont just sell to one side. the arms dealers (in my opinion) help the continuation of the wars in those areas by always selling to both sides. You can bet with chinas unethical business practices they conduct every day they are no different. Selling weapons to both sides of a conflict only impairs their ability to resolve situations in peace. Remove their weapons and they have no choice but to throw sticks and stones and eventually sit at a table to peacefully come to a resolution, Keep feeding both sides with arms and peace is no where in sight.
It's not just China that desires to see no peace in some parts of Africa like DRC which has an abundance of gemstones. The blood diamond must be kept alive because the middle men make ginormous profits from them. And the way to ensure the conflict never ends? Flood the country with weapons.

In another part of Africa, where China has extensively invested — Southern Sudan or South Sudan — it is rumored that China sold weapons both to the government forces and rebels opposing them. Maybe as these factions are busy fighting each other they [the Chinese] can steal as much oil as they like.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
It's not just China that desires to see no peace in some parts of Africa like DRC which has an abundance of gemstones. The blood diamond must be kept alive because the middle men make ginormous profits from them. And the way to ensure the conflict never ends? Flood the country with weapons.

In another part of Africa, where China has extensively invested — Southern Sudan or South Sudan — it is rumored that China sold weapons both to the government forces and rebels opposing them. Maybe as these factions are busy fighting each other they [the Chinese] can steal as much oil as they like.
Oh you can bet they are stealing anything with value from there. Here in the Philippines china steals and smuggles gold ore, copper ore, silver ore and any other mineral they can. its amazing how much gold the Chinese steal form the philippines they are not reporting on their domestic reports or their import reports. The domestic percentages of gold mined in the philippines dropped 92% because china is stealing it. 92% of the gold mined in the Philippines is illegally going to China. They own a lot of mining operations here and they greedily steal from the Filipinos, overwork them and screw them out of their land and minerals paying pennies to the Philippine people while they scandalize and smuggle it out of this country. SO if they are doing this to the Philippines I can only imagine all they are doing in Africa. I know this first had as I own 3 copper tunnels here in the Philipines actually. Mine are closed and boarded up becasue if I dare go up in the mountains I could be shot and killed. we obtained our tunnels from a bad business deal where someone owed us a lot of money. SO i keep up on what goes on up there. When we go to the meetings about the policies and things of that sort the places are packed with chinese investors and very few Filipinos. However everything is in a filipinos name, all the tunnel ownership, ( ours is in my wifes name) the mining permits, the refining permits, transportation permits all the important documents are in a Filipinos name but most of those Filipinos never attend the important meetings. This tells me the filipinos are getting ripped off yet don't seem to care to figure out how badly because they dont seem to care to go to the meetings which regulate what we can and can not do. so they don't know the rules or the laws, they just accept whatever line of crap the chinese investors feed them.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
ALSO if you know anything about china (if your from the Asian region you know this) what china produces and exports is of lesser quality than what they produce and keep domestically.

I heard differently from one of my students who actually buy products from China to sell. He related one incident at a factory in China. He took along a sample of what he was looking for. The factory manager asked him what price range he was thinking of buying. Puzzled, he asked to see samples of different price ranges. So he was shown a few samples. He said every single one looked exactly the same and weighed the same. The only difference was the price. The cheapest one was less than half the price of the most expensive one. So he asked how that happened. The factory manager told him that it was a question of raw materials and quality control. Naturally he ordered the cheapest one. He told me that this was generally what happened. Importers of Chinese products bought the cheapest ones. It's not that China does not have better quality products. They do. But the importers are taking the lower quality cheaper ones, so the buyers get the impression that Chinese products are shoddy.