Army committed to capacity building of Saudi land forces, says COAS | World Defense

Army committed to capacity building of Saudi land forces, says COAS

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Army committed to capacity building of Saudi land forces, says COAS

82252443_21484724.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Bajwa on Thursday reaffirmed Pakistan’s support for capacity building of Royal Saudi Land Forces.
The pledge was made during a meeting between the COAS and Major General Talal Abdullah Al-Otaibi, military adviser to KSA’s defence minister at the GHQ, Rawalpindi. Saudi ambassador Nawaz Saeed al Malkiy was also present on the occasion.

According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the visiting dignitary lauded Pakistan Army’s contributions towards regional peace and stability.
“Matters of mutual interest, regional security and ways to enhance bilateral defence collaboration including training exchange programme were discussed,” the communique added.

The two Muslim countries have doubled down on the strategic military partnership.

Last week, Saudi Deputy Foreign Minister Adel bin Ahmed al-Jubeir and UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan had also visited Islamabad to reassure their support to Pakistan on the Kashmir issue as Islamabad had reached out to the Middle Eastern state to lend their support for Pakistan’s stance. The diplomatic mission has remained active ever since New Delhi moved to strip Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK) of its autonomy on August 5.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
IK is on his way to Saudi Arabia in few days. Something big cooking and I pray Pakistanis don’t blow it this time.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
IK is on his way to Saudi Arabia in few days. Something big cooking and I pray Pakistanis don’t blow it this time.
I hope not IK is very seisible Man he should keep it under the carpet sometimes working behind the scene helps U more than working at front and creating unnecessary fuss.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Imran Khan is well known hypocrite.
I can bet all my life savings that his heart is not clean.

Hi,

I don't think it is a issue with his heart---. His incompetence is at understanding how to do thing and how to be in charge and be in control---.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I don't think it is a issue with his heart---. His incompetence is at understanding how to do thing and how to be in charge and be in control---.

That's another story and here all of Pakistan is a fail.
In Pakistan, we start a project and than start planning.

Anyhow, whatever Imran Khan official spokesperson is telling on PTV, is basically Imran Khan is heading to Saudi Arabia to request for restraint vs. Iran.
I'm not so sure that Saudis will take his advise with smile.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

He alone cannot do everything. Along with IK we need few more good men to steer this country out of this mess. Secondly it will take time, don't expect him to do wonders in a years time. Incompetence and corruption has become an integral part of our society.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan as a start needed to send a contingent of a few thousand soldiers to be deployed at Makkah and Medina, in essence, as a token of support and to further train and support Saudi Arabian security personnel.

This should have been officially and overtly done at the start of Yemen war, instead of even keeping the services of retired Army officers serving in the military alliance hushed up just like downplaying the few hundred Pakistani Army personnel presence in Saudia who train the Saudi forces.

Something similar to the above was posted by myself on another forum some time in the past. Since then, I have come to learn that Pakistan already has nearly a brigade sized strength of its active duty Army deployed in Saudia Arabia, adding more troops on the ground after 2018. This is besides the retired Pak Army Men serving there too.

That's a sizable number of troops deployed by Pakistan anywhere else in the world besides UN peace keeping duties. Pakistan Army certainly has obliged the Saudi Government with military help in a way that is keeping the deployment uncontroversial as well as keeping it extra-parliamentary, despite hue and cry of pro Iran elements in parliament, and away from political meddling by stating that Pakistan Army is there for capacity building/ training and will not be deployed outside Saudi Border.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
The problem is very simple... Pakistan could deploy 200000 troops but what are we doing to protect the kingdom?. Infact the situation is grim and Pakistan has put itself in a very difficult situation.

We are supposed to guarantee the protection of Saudis but yet every day Saudis are getting attacked and we are unable or unwilling to do anything. So what use are we to Saudis? Should they not look some where else ?
They are getting attacked from Yemen and Iran but yet we have stubbornly refused to eliminate or take part in the efforts to eliminate sources of attacks.

Pakistan has to decide immediately which side we are on or we will become irrelevant in the entire Middle East as someone who refuse to fight for their friends and cannot be trusted.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
The problem is very simple... Pakistan could deploy 200000 troops but what are we doing to protect the kingdom?. Infact the situation is grim and Pakistan has put itself in a very difficult situation.

We are supposed to guarantee the protection of Saudis but yet every day Saudis are getting attacked and we are unable or unwilling to do anything. So what use are we to Saudis? Should they not look some where else ?
They are getting attacked from Yemen and Iran but yet we have stubbornly refused to eliminate or take part in the efforts to eliminate sources of attacks.

Pakistan has to decide immediately which side we are on or we will become irrelevant in the entire Middle East as someone who refuse to fight for their friends and cannot be trusted.
The military ties between the two countries have always been strong but have only taken a back seat post 2008 elections and subsequent political gimmickry of corrupt politicians taking turns to serve their own interests.

Here is a look at the historical Pak Saudi Military ties:

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree but my point is simple..... what are we doing there and how are we strengthening their defences? Isn’t this what we were given responsibility for ?

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree but my point is simple..... what are we doing there and how are we strengthening their defences? Isn’t this what we were given responsibility for ?
With India breathing down our neck and Pakistan trying to avoid the stigma of supporting Jehadi outfits instigating gorilla war Jehad in IOK, I doubt that we can do anything more than deploy more "advisors" and provide expertise on planning and conducting successful operations against the Houthis.

The biggest mistake was made in 2014 when the Sharif Government declined to send troops and hid behind the parliament's decision not to intervene. Pakistan's intervention and participation could have avoided a lot of collateral damage that our air force learned to avoid during our own fight against terrorists in tribal areas. That was the most stupid decision, not joining the Yemen war in a surgical manner. Pakistan should have deployed its Air Force in aid of the Saudis and deployed troops on the eastern and southern border to free up Saudi forces to go fight the war on the ground in Yemen instead of being stretched across long borders as well as conducting war against terrorism in Yemen.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I have written so much about Yemen and pakistan---and now I see pakistan ready to get the shaft and with all its big claims and the saudis just got shafted and all the big claim of the pakistani diaspora fell face down in the dirt---.

I can just laugh at the irony of it now---.