Aspide (missile) | World Defense

Aspide (missile)

Te0

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
Italy
The Aspide is a medium-range missile with semi-active radar guidance. Its navalizzata version is used in the system Albatros developed, on request and NATO specifications, with the Italian participation from Selenia, to develop ex novo a missile system surface-air navalizzato analogous to the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, navalized version of the AIM-7 Sparrow missile. The Albatros system is produced by the MBDA consortium, consisting of Matra, Bae, Dynamics and Alenia, a 50% subsidiary company which was merged into Leonardo S.p.A. (new name of Finmeccanica since 2017) heir to Selenia.

The missile in the Albatros system can operate in any weather condition, with multi-role capability, designed to combat threats to naval units from aircraft and missiles providing both area and point defense capability, with very high efficiency and probability of hitting the target and shoot it down with a single shot, as well as with the ability to discriminate against the individual target even if the latter flights in closed formation with others.

Over seventy Albatros systems are currently in service both in the Italian Navy and in those of foreign customers.

1024px-Misil_Aspide.jpg

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
@Gripen9 @Zeeman @Zulu @Scorpio @HRK

Which of Pak Forces has / had this?
750 Aspide 2000 for ground-based air defence system (10 batteries Spada 2000) ordered in 2007 and delivered in 2010-2013 part of 415 million Euro deal

July 2010: Spada 2000 integrated into the Pakistani Air Force

September 2007: Pakistan Air Force to order Spada 2000 System

Last edited:

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I have seen very few pics of SPADA in Pakistani service but it does look look very advanced and capable. My friend’s dad commanded a Crotale unit and called it an old but capable system. I believe SPADA replaced all the Crotale systems even through they were modernized to -4000 standards.
can someone confirm this ?