Australian Government Wants to Deny Visa to Chris Brown | World Defense

Australian Government Wants to Deny Visa to Chris Brown

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
There is so much negativity in the news these days, but this story made me chuckle. In case anyone is unfamiliar, Chris Brown is an American recording artist. He is a somewhat controversial figure, due to an arrest for domestic violence (felony assault, to which he pled guilty) against his girlfriend at the time, singer Rihanna, as well as a violent outburst a few years later, when the subject was broached in an interview. He was previously denied a visa by the U.K. for the same reason.

I take domestic violence and other criminal acts very seriously, and the reason the story amused me is that there are way too many people nowadays who think they can buy their way out of anything. It's good to see someone being handed consequences, and these consequences affect his wallet, which I think is the only way to get through to some people.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Good, maybe that will encourage him to clean up his act. Chris Brown is a thug who is from the area where I live. He is too old to be "actin the fool" as they say, and he has too much to lose. Maybe if he has enough consequences he will change his ways. He has a daughter now, and should try to set an example for her and his fans.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Although I am not a Chris Brown fan owing to what he has done, I see this action as being a going a bit too far, Did he not pay for the crime. Didn't a famous actor from Austraila who resides in the United States had to serve a three-year probationary sentence because of deed similar to that of Chris Brown? Should he be banned from the United States? Chris brown has paid his dues for the crime. so give him his second chance, please. I f you are gonna ban Chris Brown then you will have to ban many more persons that have done likewise. Be fair in your dealings.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
I think Chris Brown has already paid for his crimes. Unless the Australian parliament agrees to a ban, I don't think such an action should be taken suo Moto by the government.