BAE Systems unveiled enhanced thermal weapon sight, the Universal Thermal Clip-On version XII | World Defense

BAE Systems unveiled enhanced thermal weapon sight, the Universal Thermal Clip-On version XII

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
BAE Systems unveiled enhanced thermal weapon sight, the Universal Thermal Clip-On version XII

BAE Systems yesterday unveiled its first-to-market 12-micron thermal imaging technology that significantly improves the effectiveness of thermal weapon sights. The company’s Universal Thermal Clip-On version XII (UTC® XII) is the first military-grade thermal weapon sight to include the new 12-micron technology, which greatly reduces lens size, total system weight, and battery use, while delivering improved image quality.

BAE_Systems_UTC_XII_640_001.jpg

BAE Systems' UTC® XII enhanced thermal weapon sight

“This 12-micron-based solution builds on our decades-long history of providing special operations and tactical customers with cutting edge thermal imaging products,” said Marc Casseres, director of Imaging and Aiming at BAE Systems. “Our 12-micron technology, will allow users to detect, recognize, and defeat threats in all weather and visibility conditions, like never before.”

Similar to the 17-micron Universal Thermal Clip-On, which is currently fielded by the U.S. military in support of long-range sniper and surveillance missions, the UTC XII will also complement existing day sight systems. This versatility allows users to rapidly move from day to night vision with no mission interruption.

Providing 12-micron technology furthers BAE Systems’ commitment to delivering the latest technology in unrivalled thermal imaging and aiming products for the most discriminating operators. The UTC XII allows the user to detect, recognize, and identify threats in all weather conditions, day or night, and provides the ability to simultaneously observe the target area through fog, smoke, dust, and haze to provide superior situational awareness. The company plans to integrate 12-micron technology into its full line of thermal imaging and aiming monoculars, weapon sights, and binoculars.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
What is the cost per unit ? That looks like a pretty good piece of kit. I want to get one of those, is it legal to use them for hunting ? :)

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
What is the cost per unit ? That looks like a pretty good piece of kit. I want to get one of those, is it legal to use them for hunting ? :)

I believe that BAE system only deal with official military institutions.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
HAHA, you'd exterminate the local deer population in weeks with that thing. Nothing would be able to hide from you. I do wonder how effective they are during the day though, specially if it's relatively warm outside.

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
Considering that a lot of Special Forces's missions are schedueled during night time, I think this thermal sight will be a huge improvement.

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
I agree for sure with the thermal sight, but that seems like a dangerous piece of equipment. I wouldn't even want to be in control of it.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not
I agree for sure with the thermal sight, but that seems like a dangerous piece of equipment. I wouldn't even want to be in control of it.
sure what you mean by dangerous equipment. It's not dangerous to the users. It's just a sight with some technology in it, it's nt going to do you any harm. The danger lies for the people who are being targeted as they are so much easier to detect using this technology.