UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Bahrain summons Iranian diplomat over Khamenei's comments

0a19b052-93e0-4a53-aa88-ef5a58bce520_16x9_600x338.jpg

^^^تفووو على ويهه
In a televised speech on Saturday, Khamenei said his country would continue to support its regional friends. (File: AP)
By The Associated Press | Dubai
Monday, 20 July 2015
Bahrain has summoned a senior Iranian diplomat to the Gulf nation to protest comments made by top Iranian leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The official Bahrain News Agency says the Foreign Ministry summoned the Iranian Embassy's acting charge d'affaires, Mortadha Sanubari, on Sunday evening to complain about what the country sees as a "flagrant and unacceptable interference" in its internal affairs.

In a televised speech on Saturday, Khamenei said his country would continue to support its regional friends despite its recent nuclear deal with world powers, including "the oppressed Palestinian nation, Yemen, Syria, Iraq (and) Bahrain."

Bahraini officials blame Iran for stoking instability in the tiny Sunni-ruled island kingdom through support to the country's majority Shiites, who are the driving force behind an ongoing anti-government opposition movement.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/07/20/Bahrain-summons-Iranian-diplomat-over-leader-s-comments.html

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
It seems to me that the rift between the Shiites and Sunnis is getting wider and wider. Sometimes I cannot understand what those Muslims are fighting for (between them). It's not the territory and not economic but it's the religious differences that provokes them from time to time. I cannot comment more on this for Muslims might get slighted. No offense.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I'm not exactly clear on the story behind the rift either. Is it the case that both groups want their own separate territories or do they just view each other as unislamic for whatever reason?

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I don't understand why the differences between Shiite and Sunni are considered something worth killing over, but I do understand Bahrain's issue with Iran. Supporting one's neighbors should not mean interfering with the internal affairs of another nation uninvited. Iran needs to mind it's own business and only get involved in other nations issues if invited. Otherwise, the best way to support your neighbors is to be in good communication and respond to common outside threats.