Bangladesh influx part of Pakistan’s proxy war with China aid: Army chief | World Defense

Bangladesh influx part of Pakistan’s proxy war with China aid: Army chief

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Bangladesh influx part of Pakistan’s proxy war with China aid: Army chief
TNN
Feb 22, 2018

63021258.jpg

Highlights
  • A “planned” influx of people from Bangladesh into India’s north-eastern region is underway, Rawat said
  • The Army chief stressed that the “proxy game” was being executed by “our western neighbour (Pakistan)”
  • He added that Pakistan is receiving support from across the “northern border (China)” to keep the area disturbed

NEW DELHI: A “planned” influx of people from Bangladesh into India’s north-eastern region is underway as part of a proxy war being waged by Pakistan, with support from China, to keep the area disturbed, said General Bipin Rawat here on Wednesday.

The Army chief took recourse to the “faster” growth of the Badruddin Ajmal-led AIUDF (All India United Democratic Front) in Assam, as compared to the BJP in the country in the 1980s, to buttress his point on the increase in Muslim population in several districts of the state in the backdrop of the National Register of Citizens being updated and finalised to detect illegal immigrants there.

“There is a party called AIUDF. If you look at it, they have grown in a faster time-frame than the BJP grew over the years,” said Gen Rawat, while referring to the BJP winning only 2 seats in 1984. “The AIDUF is moving at a faster pace in Assam,” he added, during a conference on bridging gaps and securing borders in the Northeast region.

The Army chief then went on to stress that the “proxy game” was being executed by “our western neighbour (Pakistan)”, with support from across the “northern border (China)”, to keep the area disturbed. “They will always try and ensure that this area is taken over, playing the proxy dimension of warfare. The solution lies in identifying the problem and holistically looking at it,” he said.

Pointing out that it was no longer possible to change the population dynamics of Assam, with Muslim majority increasing from five districts earlier to eight to nine districts now, the Army chief said efforts should be made to “amalgamate” the people living in the region. The Union government is taking several measures to ensure development of the entire region, which will help in sorting out many problems. Migration, of course, is also taking place from Bangladesh because of shrinking land space in the country due to several factors, including floods, said Gen Rawat.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...china-aid-army-chief/articleshow/63021257.cms

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Migration, of course, is also taking place from Bangladesh because of shrinking land space in the country due to several factors, including floods, said Gen Rawat.

o_O ...................... China cutting would have made more sense.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
I don't want to comment on this. He is, good, bad or ugly, the Chief of Staff of the Indian Army, and he commands our loyalty as far as the world outside India is concerned. Even this most unfortunate and inopportune turn of phrase should not shake that.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I don't want to comment on this. He is, good, bad or ugly, the Chief of Staff of the Indian Army, and he commands our loyalty as far as the world outside India is concerned. Even this most unfortunate and inopportune turn of phrase should not shake that.

I will keep that in mind next time you comment.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Inside India, among other Indians, outraged reason and belief in equity and fair play must find its complete and merciless expression.

*#!##%$#@ I had to read that 3 times to understand ! Simple English for the love of GOD!|0||0||0||0|

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
@Joe Shearer @jbgt90 @SOUTHie @Nilgiri

Pakistan via Bangladesh, Seriously?

Its dramabaaz to generate interest/publicity (Assam NRC is nearing finalisation and there will be groundwork/pressure needed to then implement/execute...quite possibly with some involvement of Indian military...so makes sense to get ahead of that curve right now).

How much is actual strong intel-grounded is anyones guess, I suspect not much. I mean there are always elements like brother of a cousin thrice removed of a former roomate etc...that is dusted out and employed in a vague way if needed. We must look at the context of long term intent more for such....rather than expect solid evidence chain which is always going to be fuzzy and shrouded anyway.

Probably he is targetting the political party called AIDUF which has alleged role in sheltering illegal immigrants.

Potentially putting pressure on them true. But I think AIDUF also is not really a bad party at least officially (before we go into the "elements" debate which affects all parties). They are behind having an accurate NRC + implemented and even want strong border policy (all stands in quite large contrast with vote base shenanigans lady in West Bengal)....many if not most Muslims in Assam are tired of the illegals because it creates a bad situation for them personally in many cases among the rest of Assamese population who simply think they are all bangladeshis of some kind for all kinds of reasons (and people have to be there and live there to judge on that is all I will say).

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Good luck to you. You'll never know if he was trolling you.0O\ ("Wait, what?")
It is against forum rules to communicate in any language except English ‘∞‘