Bangsamoro Basic Law for Mindanao | World Defense

Bangsamoro Basic Law for Mindanao

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
The BBL or Bangsamoro Basic Law was officially submitted to Malacañan Palace last September 10, 2014. It is an act providing the basic law for Bangsamoro and the abolition of the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao. It is currently under the deliberation of the Congress.

Here's the question is BBL and the creation of the Bangsamoro State the real solution to the ongoing insurgency in Mindanao? What you think?

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
Before the BBL, there was the ARMM(Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao) where the President of the Philippines says was a "failed experiment." Now , as the BBL is poised for deliberations into law, we have this unfortunate incident in Mamasapano, Maguindanao where 44 SAF soldiers were slaughtered brutally. It is anybody's guess if this BBL will be passed from Congress, to be voted in plebicite and whether it will be okayed with the Supreme Court of the Philippines.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
I personally came from Mindanao. I am a true witness of the plight of the people here Muslim, Christian and IP alike. I have experience lot of battles, sound of guns and tanks. It is a very horrible situation. BBL they say is the solution to the crises we have here but based on what I see as long as there is no full trust between the government and the muslin rebels BBL is doomed to fail.

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
I doubt if the Filipino people in Mindanao will still consider BBL after the Mamasapano slaughter. There was one official who hinted that since a lot of money will be involved here if the BBL will be enacted and implemented, all the Filipino taxpayers should be included in the referendum and not just those people living in the Mindanao area.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
For Muslim Mindanao I think yes because they consider BBL as the current possible option in achieving the long desired peace in the region. However for other Mindanaons I think not. Just like what you said what happened to Mamasapano somewhat create a doubt about the sincerity of the MILF in the peace process.

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
As it is, the BBL deliveration in Congress was suspended indifinitely, pending investigations to give justice to fallen SAF44. The President of the country is facing cries for him to step down, coming from a group of bishops and now lately joined by groups from the academe.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yeah BBL deliberation in the congress is suspended indefinitely. I think it is wise decision to suspend it and focus first with resolution of the Mamasapano incident. It is a good way to test the sincerity of both the MILF and the Philippine government towards the peace pact.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
It is a lot complicated than I thought being in that position to think if it's a good idea to have that law. Here's my two cents though, why not just give those people in Mindanao what they want? Like self-governance. They are not going to stop anyway right?