Beijing steps up warnings against Taiwan | World Defense

Beijing steps up warnings against Taiwan

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Chinese premiere Li Kequiang said that Beijing will oppose separatist activities and safeguard China's sovereignty and territorial integrity. The statement was related to the recent Independence Day celebration of Taiwan. Related to this was the recent election of Tsai Ing-wen as Taiwan's next president. Tsai is chairwoman of Beijing-skeptic Democratic People's Party.

For details -http://Beijing steps up warnings against Taiwan | The Manila Times Online

QuikGeneral

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I have to laugh at the CCP for doing their best to take control of East Asia. Not only are they try to fight the Philippines over water, they are trying to take over Hong Kong, and trying to reclaim Taiwan. It annoys me because Taiwan is already an independent to the American people. The government is just too afraid to admit they stand behind Taiwan because of the number of people in the Chinese army. At this point they could take control of China very easy, as Japan is having a tough time right now due to a low birth rate and half of Korea is basically theirs already.
I think that China will crash hard someday soon as more and more hate grows for the Chinese. I'm hearing and reading about how Chinese citizens are acting in various countries which is not helping their diplomatic efforts. I know in Australia there is a lot of crimes committed against Chinese tourists and/or citizens. Which this verbal attack against Taiwan is not going to help their efforts, it wouldn't surprise me if Hong Kongers left to live in Taiwan. Everyone has to be careful due to the sheer number of the mainland population. We are more afraid of their numbers but not of their power.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
It seems that Taiwan may have to eventually yield to the demands of China. What else? It will be only a matter of time before China takes total control of the areas around it. I don't see the West Really intervening unless they are committed to a war. Therefore, the West Will try to influence and support resistance against China, but that's where the road ends.

QuikGeneral

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It seems that Taiwan may have to eventually yield to the demands of China. What else? It will be only a matter of time before China takes total control of the areas around it. I don't see the West Really intervening unless they are committed to a war. Therefore, the West Will try to influence and support resistance against China, but that's where the road ends.

Well the US has a treaty with Taiwan, which basically states that the US will intervene if there is ever an invasion of Taiwan by China. I don't know if our president/government has the courage to actually back up the treaty but if we don't our presence in Asia will decrease even more.