Biden administration to revive military to military ties with Pakistan | World Defense

Biden administration to revive military to military ties with Pakistan

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
FB_IMG_1611486587478.jpg

The Biden administration sees Pakistan as an “essential partner” in any peace process in Afghanistan and believes that “continuing to build relationships with Pakistan’s military will provide openings for the United States and Pakistan to cooperate on key issues,” says its nominated defence chief Gen Lloyd J Austin.

Austin made these remarks during his confirmation hearing for the post of secretary of defence before the United States Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday.

“Pakistan is an essential partner in any peace process in Afghanistan," Austin, a former head of the US Central Command, told the committee. "If confirmed, I will encourage a regional approach that garners support from neighbours like Pakistan, while also deterring regional actors, from serving as spoilers to the Afghanistan peace process.”

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Key is Afghanistan here, lets how Pakistan gov convert it into financial and military benefits for Pakistan not for some personal gians

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Key is Afghanistan here, lets how Pakistan gov convert it into financial and military benefits for Pakistan not for some personal gians
My two cents US will stick with peace deal with Talibans there are not too many partical option left for US militarily.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
My two cents US will stick with peace deal with Talibans there are not too many partical option left for US militarily.
US need for clean exit from Afghanistan, that will not be easy at all, they need help to make it happen

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should stay away from Afghanistan and let US handle the mess they created.
More we get involved, more the mess would be slammed on our faces, as a consequence Afghan would hate us most.
It's common sense that jumping into a mess created by others is madness.
If US need some support, details of it should be publicized and before any bit of support is extended, all open invoices of coalition support agreement, should be demanded to be cleared. Hope Pakistan's foreign office and defense establishment have this tiny bit of sense, which i do not expect from ruling party.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
who are these modern day Talibans?

Real Taliban and Pakistan defense establishment, should know about the Iran-US partnership in murder of mulla Mansoor or perhaps the new Taliban are engineered in Qum and Langley, same as new Pakistani leadership.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan should stay away from Afghanistan and let US handle the mess they created.
More we get involved, more the mess would be slammed on our faces, as a consequence Afghan would hate us most.
It's common sense that jumping into a mess created by others is madness.
If US need some support, details of it should be publicized and before any bit of support is extended, all open invoices of coalition support agreement, should be demanded to be cleared. Hope Pakistan's foreign office and defense establishment have this tiny bit of sense, which i do not expect from ruling party.
Totally agree , but problem is Pakistan is not used to say No to uncle sam .. unfortunately history is front of us

Lets hope one day they count Pakistan national interest more then there personal gian