Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Boeing Delivers Final Peace Eagle AEW&C Aircraft to Turkey

m02014090900009.jpg
m02014050200003.jpg

KONYA, Turkey, Dec. 9, 2015 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] delivered the fourth and final Peace Eagle Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) aircraft to the Turkish Air Force at Konya Air Base today, completing the Turkish AEW&C fleet and enhancing Turkey’s airspace surveillance and battle management capabilities.

This final aircraft includes upgraded software for the platform and the final element of the ground support segment, the Software Support Center (SSC). Previously delivered Peace Eagles will receive the upgraded software soon.

Boeing worked with Turkish industry partners Turkish Aerospace Industries, Turkish Airlines, HAVELSAN and ASELSAN to complete the delivery of the final aircraft as well as establish technology capabilities like the Software Support Center, updated mission simulator software and mission support center software.

“Turkey is currently the only nation in this region with the AEW&C capability. By combining Boeing’s innovative engineering with the expertise provided by local Turkish industry partners, we’ve delivered an advanced world-class airborne surveillance system to our customer,” said Aysem Sargin Isil, managing director, Boeing Turkey.

Turkey, Australia and South Korea operate AEW&C platforms.

Based on Boeing’s 737-700 commercial airplane, the 737 AEW&C aircraft’s advanced radar and 10 state-of-the-art mission crew consoles can track airborne and maritime targets simultaneously. The battle management capabilities allow mission crew to direct offensive and defensive forces while maintaining continuous surveillance of the operational area.

Boeing Delivers Final Peace Eagle AEW&C Aircraft to Turkey

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am humored by the name of that aircraft as Peace Eagle. And yet it is going to be used by the air force for military mission. And it has a capability to direct offensive and defensive so where is the justice in its name? Another humor is the Boeing is an American company that has a deal with Turkey. Isn't it that Turkey is not comfortable with the US in the Syrian military deployment? But I guess that's none of my business.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Great news. That will increase the EW capabilities of the TAF.0O\

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Good EW , But i have some notes about it .. however EW & F-16 52 .. Great mix ...

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I am humored by the name of that aircraft as Peace Eagle. And yet it is going to be used by the air force for military mission. And it has a capability to direct offensive and defensive so where is the justice in its name? Another humor is the Boeing is an American company that has a deal with Turkey. Isn't it that Turkey is not comfortable with the US in the Syrian military deployment? But I guess that's none of my business.

This is normal in these times ... take it easy

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The "dome" on the top looks pretty different, a design not normally seen with these sorts of craft.

It's certainly got a striking look about it and I wonder how much they will use them now.