Boko Haram’s use of girl suicide bombers intensifies amid terror campaign | Page 2 | World Defense

Boko Haram’s use of girl suicide bombers intensifies amid terror campaign

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
It's because religion allows them to do that. Keep in mind that religion is like an out of control book club where everyone has some idea as to what it is and constantly has to come back to the source to see what is says or to take what it says for their own interpretation. It's enough to where there are more who agree with a fringe idea than the rest of the book club is comfortable with and it just takes at least one of those fanatics to do something that will draw more attention to that fringe idea.

I like your analogy. You are right about the interpretation. Everyone bases their actions on their religious beliefs and their interpretation of the doctrine of that religious idea. However, two people reading the same doctrine are going to come out with different ideas as to its meaning. Not to mention, one may read an entire passage along with all the references that coincide with that reference while the other will read only part of a passage and nothing else. Thus they would only get half the meaning and not the whole idea.

That is the whole premises behind most Islamic Extremist and their ideals of rebellion, infidels, and jihad. Their idea's stem from partial reading and not from full understanding. I don't blame the members of the terrorist cells more so then their religious leaders because it is the responsibility of their leaders to read and fully grasp the concepts of their faith and present it to the people in the correct form. Also there is the problem of over interpretation. The is very simple and straight forward... Like command six in the ten commandments Thou Shalt Not Murder. It does not say not to kill... it says not to commit murder. Simple and straight forward, but many Christians call this commandment out whenever there is a war or when someone kills in defense of themselves, hell our laws against killing come from this commandment... but it does not say kill, it says murder. Murder is completely different from killing. A simple concept interpreted into a more complex idea then it had to be. Just my opinion.

JonMark

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
The is very simple and straight forward... Like command six in the ten commandments Thou Shalt Not Murder. It does not say not to kill... it says not to commit murder. Simple and straight forward, but many Christians call this commandment out whenever there is a war or when someone kills in defense of themselves, hell our laws against killing come from this commandment... but it does not say kill, it says murder. Murder is completely different from killing. A simple concept interpreted into a more complex idea then it had to be. Just my opinion.
I know this isn't a forum about religion so I'll try to make this as short and within the context of defense as possible. Those commandments are written in the narrative of a story where they applied to the people in it. Even in the rest of the book, the narratives -- when not psalms or letters to someone else -- are generally stories that are sometimes from a witness or written in prose. The only way those commandments could ever be applied to anything else is when someone outside of that applies them. This is the problem, where the filter stands outside of any context within the covers and the binding of that book.

To get back to the point of defense, we willingly have decided to lower our defenses by establishing faith as the catalyst for all things and on top of that, we've decided it's a virtue to be protected, making us just as vulnerable as if we had no guard at all.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Such terror groups are enemy num 1 of Islam and Muslims. It's basically our war on terror as we defend our own religion and identity from being further stained by these terrorists.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
They are everyone's number one enemy. They create hostility towards Islamist and Muslims who are not part of their extremist attitudes and they attack all other religious beliefs. Funny part is, they are hypocritical towards their own faith. I have met several people who are of Islam and Muslim faiths and they are very much against the Islamist Extremist, unfortunately most people do not understand that there is a definitive line between the true faiths of Islam and Muslim and the extremist.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Boko Haram has to be one of the worst terrorist organizations out there. The biggest issue lies with Nigeria's really poor army which isn't doing a good job fighting them, while Boko Haram goes from strength to strength. Ultimately, I reckon Nigeria will be split in half, with the Muslims living in the north and the others living in the south. Realistically, it would be the only way for Nigeria to keep some resemblance of normality.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's more complicated than we think. And we don't really have the resources we'd like to think we do, we are already so I debt. Military action is expensive. I woukd like to see our priorities changed but even so we can't fix every problem in the world. I certainly wish Isis could be stopped right away, but part of the problem is the number of sympathizes and foreign recruits. It's a bigger mess than we even know.