Boko Haram Attacks New Army Chief’s Home | World Defense

Boko Haram Attacks New Army Chief’s Home

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA

Boko Haram Attacks New Army Chiefs Home, Articles | THISDAY LIVE

Suspected Boko Haram militants on Tuesday burned down houses, including the family home of the new Chief of Army Staff, Major-General Tukur Baratai, in a village in the North-east of the country, a policeman, military source and witnesses told Reuters.

At least two people were killed and eight injured in Buratai, Borno State, a resident, Adamu Talba and the military source said, but General Baratai was not present at the time of the attack in the early hours of Tuesday.

Boko Haram has waged a deadly campaign to carve out a state adhering to strict Islamic law in Nigeria’s North-east for the past six years.

After being pushed out of most of the territory they gained earlier this year, the group scattered and returned to attacking soft targets.

President Muhammadu Buhari has made ending the insurgency his priority and discussed how to tackle it during his first trip to Washington to meet President Barack Obama.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Does that indicate Boko Haram's jihad approach to its cause? The killings are justified because, pardon me for saying this, Muslims can say that it is okay to kill for Allah. But I believe that not all Muslims subscribe to that idea to kill for their religion. I still believe that whether Muslims or Christians or whatever religion you are in, your orientation matters when it comes to violence.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Boko Haram is going to do whatever they want, no matter what they might say. Ultimately, based on what they have been doing for years, there is no reason to believe they will keep their word if it does not serve their cause. They believe they can do anything at all for the sake of their cause, kill anyone, burn anything, break treaties. The only way to stop Boko Haram is to utterly defeat them, and I'm afraid that is not going to happen any time soon.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
It is scary they have made their way to the army chief's house and killed more people in the process and is going to take time to eliminate them and the government and military and the common people, will have to work together to end this problem and other countries will have to help out. The Boko Haram group are not trustworthy and will do anything to move forward with their plans, and also take lives or destroy homes in the process and think this is for their god which is misguided thinking. I reckon more action needs to be taken as talking has not done a lot and these people seem to understand one thing, violence and want a war and will sacrifice themselves in the fight and not worried about losing their lives in the process.