Boko Haram Wages War on Christians... | World Defense

Boko Haram Wages War on Christians...

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
And no one reports it except for a few Christian groups who are ministering to the suffer.

For years now Boko Haram has been attacking churches, breaking into pastor's homes and killing them in front of their family. This has only gained some attention because of the addiction of the school girls, but much of the secular media did not mention that it was a Christian school, and was targeted specifically because the girls are Christians.

This war is still going on. I personally know a missionary who works with Christians in a people group that has a lot of involvement with Boko Haram. Recently, a whole group of Christians of this ethnic group had to flee for their lives. They were targeted by Muslims of their own ethnic group for being Christians.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This kind of news is very disheartening. Imagine, killing people because of their belief? That's insane. And to think that those people in the church are there for their religion, tsk, tsk, real bad. Do you think it is a jihad or sort of a religious war? It's a good thing that Christians do not retaliate to such actions. At least only one party is destructive.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
It's not surprising that Boko Haram has been killing Christians. They pledged their allegiance to ISIS last year and in accordance with the ideology they embraced this sort of "cleansing" should have been expected and it will only get worse since like ISIS, the terrorist group's "war" is spreading to neighboring countries.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
This kind of news is very disheartening. Imagine, killing people because of their belief? That's insane. And to think that those people in the church are there for their religion, tsk, tsk, real bad. Do you think it is a jihad or sort of a religious war? It's a good thing that Christians do not retaliate to such actions. At least only one party is destructive.
It is a jihad, the leaders of Boko Haram have stated this specifically. Christians don't retaliate because we want to share the love and forgiveness Jesus offers with those who persecute because no one, not even terrorists and murderers are beyond the reach of Christ if they will repent and turn to Him.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
It is a jihad, the leaders of Boko Haram have stated this specifically. Christians don't retaliate because we want to share the love and forgiveness Jesus offers with those who persecute because no one, not even terrorists and murderers are beyond the reach of Christ if they will repent and turn to Him.

White Christians like you don't care about black people. It has nothing to do with 'forgiveness of Jesus'. It's simply Westerners don't care about Africans. Boko Haram isn't doing Jihad, Boko Haram is a warlord group just like the many other ones existing currently in Africa.

Boko Haram's latest attack:

Boko Haram gunmen storm mosques at evening prayers, kill 145 in brutal attacks on Nigerian villages | Christian News on Christian Today

145 Muslims Killed by the so called 'Jihad'. There exists no Jihad today at all. Most people in Africa/ME are secular.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
"Christian" is nothing more than a label these days. Being a church-goer doesn't automatically make one a Christian. In the Central African republic there's been a sectarian war which hasn't yet ended. "Christian" terrorists or militias if you please have been and still continue to hunt for and kill all Muslims in Christian-majority regions. The sectarian conflict started as retaliation — some Muslims had killed Christians.

I believe the reason Nigerian Christians don't retaliate is because unlike Boko Haram they haven't got any weapons. Should they get hold of guns then I'm sure they'd fight back.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
"Christian" is nothing more than a label these days. Being a church-goer doesn't automatically make one a Christian. In the Central African republic there's been a sectarian war which hasn't yet ended. "Christian" terrorists or militias if you please have been and still continue to hunt for and kill all Muslims in Christian-majority regions. The sectarian conflict started as retaliation — some Muslims had killed Christians.

I believe the reason Nigerian Christians don't retaliate is because unlike Boko Haram they haven't got any weapons. Should they get hold of guns then I'm sure they'd fight back.
I agree with you, many people call themselves Christians but do not have a real relationship with Hesus Christ. However, when persecution comes, few who do not know God personally maintain that identity. Have you read the stories of those who have lost loved ones to Boko Haram? They tell if great faith and trust in Jesus and supernatural peace in spite of suffering.

Those you speak of who wage war in central Africa are not Christians at all, they do not know God and actually dishonor His name.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Real Christians don't seek vengeance when someone wrongs. That, is a fact. But how do you identify Christians? They must be the "image" of Jesus. Literally. They must reflect the character of Jesus. No one would have any questions regarding that person's piety. Anyone who falls short of that is NO Christian even though he might call himself one. Such a person will harbor ill-feelings against their enemies, waiting for the right time to strike back . . .

As a matter of fact those Nigerian "Christians" actually did retaliate:

Boko Haram Violence: Christians Take Revenge Against Muslims In Nigeria
Christians are attacking Muslims in northern Nigeria in revenge for allegedly backing the Boko Haram militant group. The Nigerian government recently reclaimed some northern territories from Boko Haram, but some Muslim residents said they were afraid to return home because of harassment from their Christian neighbors, according to media reports.

See? There's little difference between the militants and the angry "Christians."

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
What religion hasn't murdered in the name of their god? they're all guilty, Christians as much, if not more, than others. And what religion has been a victim? when we report its one religion killing another religion instead of people murdering people, it clouds the real issues and makes people feel self righteous and persecuted, which will just lead to more violence. ISIS are murderers, not Islam. And Christians are NOT any more enlightened or peaceful than Muslims. They just seem to be better at convincing people they are.

I'm not Christian or Muslim, either one. But I hear so much religious BS from Christians, everywhere I go, that it makes my chest tighter every time its thrown out there, uninvited. At least Muslims aren't trying to shove BS down my throat every time I turn around. Just saying...

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
This is shocking and since this group are in hand with ISIS they will want a Muslim state and not want anyone praying to any other god apart from their god, who is Allah and thinking they are doing it for him which is not a good way to do this. I think that it may turn into a religious war as this rebel group is doing what it takes to clean the area, which in their mind they think is this way and using violence and terror in the process. I think it will be hard to push the group back but they are just killing anyone who is in a church, even and may have fear or brainwashed, to do this which is not right and don't care about the ones who suffer from their actions.